Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will SWTOR character transfer be back?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
When will SWTOR character transfer be back?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordDragno
11.05.2012 , 07:16 AM | #1
I really need to get a server transfer for my character. I put him on an American server, not knowing it and now I've gotten him to level 23 with awesome equipment. I don't want to start a new character and do the 23 levels and get the equipment all over again. Howver, whenever I go to the character transfer it says it's unavailable. This has been the same for over a week. Please tell me when it WILL be available.

magecutter
11.05.2012 , 10:40 AM | #2
It seems transfers will not be available until after the free 2 play option goes live.

latest info I can find is here - http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php?page=2

there are many people who want/need transfers (my self included), we'll just need to be patient.... very patient it seems. hope this helps
hey little crazy person... time to go for a nice shuttle ride. - J Cobb

Sutii
11.05.2012 , 02:06 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello LordDragno,

Unfortunately we do not have any information concerning additional Character Transfers at this time. Please note that when such does become available, it will be communicated via our official channels, most notably the Character Transfers Page.

If we can assist you with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Aurion_Idhrenion
12.15.2012 , 03:04 AM | #4
I'll most likely be cancelling my subscription and retiring myself from the game if Character transfers are not implemented soon.

I've waited even before the free character transfer, and still I cannot transfer my characters together.

Tranquil_Ape
12.16.2012 , 09:57 AM | #5
likewise... no way I'm playing through all those levels again... the game is fun, but not THAT fun

beasthunt
12.16.2012 , 10:00 AM | #6
Yeah, we have been screaming for this to happen for some time now. I'm pretty sure that they will introduce it for the cost of cartel coins or something like that. FREE will be a no go. Charged, yeah.

I created 2 toons on a different server at launch and lvl'd them up to 23 as well. Left the game, came back and took a different toon to 50. I have begged since i've been back but you know how mmo's go. They often times do not do what the playerbase likes.

RKDBlaze
12.16.2012 , 10:09 AM | #7
This is a a major sticking point for me too. I've been playing since beta with a couple month hiatus for real life conflicts, but I started out on a PVP server with a group of friends. I have two 50's on that server and am now the sole remaining player of that original group, and my interest in pvp has evaporated.

I'm okay with paid transfers, I never expected them to be free. Just impliment them soon, please.

DarkFireShadow
12.16.2012 , 10:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDragno View Post
I really need to get a server transfer for my character. I put him on an American server, not knowing it and now I've gotten him to level 23 with awesome equipment. I don't want to start a new character and do the 23 levels and get the equipment all over again. Howver, whenever I go to the character transfer it says it's unavailable. This has been the same for over a week. Please tell me when it WILL be available.
I have to ask how did you do this? the game states which part of the world the servers are in.

jbettini
01.08.2013 , 09:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RKDBlaze View Post
This is a a major sticking point for me too. I've been playing since beta with a couple month hiatus for real life conflicts, but I started out on a PVP server with a group of friends. I have two 50's on that server and am now the sole remaining player of that original group, and my interest in pvp has evaporated.

I'm okay with paid transfers, I never expected them to be free. Just impliment them soon, please.
Exactly. As you play, the game changes and the player's needs change. Paid transfers are expected (just as the ability to alter your toon's hairstyle is expected).

The better question is, if we're willing to pay for it, why haven't they capitalized on this???? Bad for business...

VengefulSpecter
01.29.2013 , 11:15 AM | #10
I've been playing since swtor started. I have a character stuck on another server, and 3 characters on another server. And I've been waiting to get them on the same server about that long. Now I found out you need another character (jedi) to get the HK-51 part in the reuined Jedi Temple. I don't want to start another character on that server, can we just please have the character transfer up and running. I don't care if we have to pay for it, just please get it up.