Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Least Favorite Companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Least Favorite Companion?

kirorx
11.01.2012 , 08:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JaguarAzteca View Post
Hmmm it will have to be Torian and all of the Sith Inquisitor Companions. I regret lvling a SI all their companions are so boring compared to the other classes.
So funny how different peoples opinions can be. I love my SI companions, they are by far my favorite.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

TrumpetNut
11.01.2012 , 09:01 AM | #22
Yes skadge is a bully and complete retard but I like the feel being a LS bh gives when I use him. I makes me feel like he's my pet and i am tring to teach him not to bite everything he sees. I least like Corso or Quinn.

Sultrus
11.02.2012 , 11:28 AM | #23
Hey, don't go ************ on ol' Khem... Khem Val is awesome, he looks like Nemesis from Resident Evil, thats why I use him as my main companion and he's a fantastic tank. Most annoying would have to be either Blizz because I just want to kick him or Ashara because she's so goodie two shoes it drives me mental. Stupid woman... come to the dark side already, at least with Jaina you get the choice to corrupt her. Ashara is just a whiney Jedi kid.

gofortheko
11.05.2012 , 05:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
What? I'm assuming you mean ambiguous, not androgynous.
No I mean androgynous, it pertains more closely to sexuality than ambiguous, which is a more general use of the meaning. A simple google search would have prevented this foolishness.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

generalarchie
11.05.2012 , 07:09 AM | #25
I dont really have a least favorite

MusicRider
11.05.2012 , 08:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
What? I'm assuming you mean ambiguous, not androgynous.
Androgynous = Lady Gaga

MusicRider
11.05.2012 , 08:39 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
I kind of feel like I got the short end of the stick on the Consular. Zenith and Iresso aren't even characters, they're just sticks that stand around on my ship. Not once during their lead up stories did I think, "Oh, this guy's cool, I'd love to have him come aboard and help me on my journey." Not. Once. I thought they were rather forgettable, to be honest, and then, out of the blue, they are suddenly a crew mate. Oh, I got that they were "supposed" to be cool, especially Zenith. But the idea was sort of just shoved down my throat, it felt forced and contrived. You can't just call a character cool, and suddenly they're cool. It doesn't work like that.

Their characters are underdeveloped during the lead up stage to you acquiring them as a companion. If I asked you to describe Zenith, based on what you knew about him BEFORE you progressed his companion story through affection, what would you say? "He's a freedom fighter." Uh, huh, and? "Um... he's a passionate freedom fighter?" Same with Iresso. "Lt. Iresso a commander in the Republic army." That's it. Is that really enough for me to develop a bond with these characters? I don't believe it is.

And then there's Nadia. The fact I receive the only potential love interest for a male Consular at level 42 (-ish, I couldn't solo the boss before then) is unforgivable. Her entire story, and romance, feels rushed. You gain so many affection points with her per conversation that you're constantly running back to your ship to advance her plot, and it just doesn't feel like a natural progression. She easily could have been added as a companion in the level 34-35 range, and I could have skipped Zenith altogether (or Iresso, or both, take your pick.)

Instead of Zenith or Iresso, I could have picked up a rejected Voss Mystic (who I could then train in the Jedi arts, perhaps? Sounds interesting to me) or perhaps converted one of the Children of the Emperor to my cause and added them to my list of companions (I'm no stranger to unconventional companions, after all.) I could have left Tython or Coruscant with a Padawan, there were several I met on my travels that actually had personalities. Or I could have taken Master Tykan's Padawan, Aris, from Taris. He was in no state to continue training her, and she had a motivation to come along (seek out those who wronged her master.) Lots of options, but instead I get saddled these two bland soldier/fighters.

-Macheath.
Agree and with your suggestions. Although I kind of like the Iresso idea, every jedi should have his trooper . Also Nadia for me does not make it too much and she comes way too late. She could be replaced from your suggestions. Tharan is ok but not as cool as knight's doc (especially if you play a female knight), everytime i hear him shouting "kolto incoming" i just can't help but laugh. Zenith who? :P

Riftrender
06.20.2013 , 08:10 PM | #28
Why all the hate for Qyzen? If you read his dialogue, you see that he is actually an insightful individual and the only good trandoshan that is visible in star wars. He just as a different view of morality.

I don't really hate any of my companions. I don't love all of them, but I don't hate them.
We are Entropic Exemplars!

hunterraaze
06.21.2013 , 10:17 PM | #29
I've never hated a character of fiction more then I do Mako.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia

Caelrie
06.22.2013 , 10:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Kaliyo.

She's essentially the kind of person you'd fine in a Biker Gang. My sister's a cop and so everytime I see Kaliyo I think of how she'd probably murder my sister and me for ***** and giggles if she got the chance.
Hahaha Kaliyo might be my favorite companion. I loved her story. Love her attitude too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Riftrender View Post
Why all the hate for Qyzen? If you read his dialogue, you see that he is actually an insightful individual and the only good trandoshan that is visible in star wars. He just as a different view of morality.

I don't really hate any of my companions. I don't love all of them, but I don't hate them.
Because the "noble savage" character archetype is silly and overdone in fiction.