Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

heechJunzi
11.01.2012 , 10:42 PM | #1
I hate playing melee with a passion right now, especially against clued opponents (like in ranked). Everyone I fight has a bubble on, and click it off at will. I'm constantly stunned. I am a firm believer this is the reason people have complained about the increase in stuns post-1.4, rather than the resolve change.

They need to address this.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Xerain
11.01.2012 , 10:47 PM | #2
Just sit someone on the sorc so he can't throw out bubbles... Not hard and the other healer is going to have to make a choice between healing the focus target or healing the sorc that's getting dual light saber'ed in the face.

Oh and yes we know the bubble is broken because it's not filling up the proper amount of resolve.

WaywardOne
11.01.2012 , 10:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Just sit someone on the sorc so he can't throw out bubbles... Not hard and the other healer is going to have to make a choice between healing the focus target or healing the sorc that's getting dual light saber'ed in the face.

Oh and yes we know the bubble is broken because it's not filling up the proper amount of resolve.
A perfect team has 2 or 3 bubblers at the moment. And they are very hard to lock down.

Xerain
11.01.2012 , 10:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
A perfect team has 2 or 3 bubblers at the moment. And they are very hard to lock down.
LOL what crappy teams are you facing?

Amebia
11.01.2012 , 11:02 PM | #5
Take away the stun effect when used on others and give sorcs the following

Medium armor+2- Defensive cooldowns (Resilence,Deflection)+Higher damage.

Sorcs fixed.

Ssfbistimg
11.02.2012 , 12:37 AM | #6
sweet more marauder tears. keep em flowing. Don't worry for all you bad melee you can always just re-roll back to sorcerer/sage. I mean isn't that what yall do, change classes when ever a class gets a little buff.

paul_preib
11.02.2012 , 12:47 AM | #7
I could live with the capacity to stun from anyone cast on if there were just two tweaks

1.Cannot self-pop stun: If you manually toggle it off rather than it popping by virtue of damage the stun does not occur

2.Fills resolve according to the rules all other forms of CC follow.

Just make those two tweaks and it'd be an obnoxious but fair ability.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

warultima
11.02.2012 , 03:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
LoL really thats some serious shi tty team.

You know bubble puts a debuff on the receiver right? You can have 15 sages in your ops group, and you can still only be bubbled once every 17-20 second.

Talking about clueless. You should only take 1 bubbler that know how to play that's it or 2 at most.

Some people can be seriously clueless. Btw properly specced hybrid bubbler has very low bubble force cost and no CD on the bubble, (because again it's hard capped by the debuff).
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Reviaj
11.02.2012 , 03:47 AM | #9
I don't usually post, but this deserves it.

To read a Sentinel complaining about how OP sorc bubble is really gets me sick. Go and roll one, level a sorc up to 50 and try to play without that buble. After 2 WZ you will post here crying about getting 6k force sweeps by the 3-6 sentinels/guardians (never less, who knows why) of the other team and getting instant killed (even with bubble)

Damn sentinels, they are by far the most powerful class in the game and still there are some that come here to cry. Just in case one of the rational sents/maras missunderstand my post, I'm not asking for a nerf to them, just saying that it gets me sick to see how some of them still cry about other classes.

Instead of calling it OP, learn how to play against it, that's what those sorc are doing against YOUR class.

P.S: I also have a jugger a PT and a shadow, 3 melees, and I have no problems dealing with these bubbles. Just if you thought "you don't play a melee and you don't know how it feels being stun half of the WZ"... yes, I know how it feels, but I also have a sorc and I also know how it feels.

warultima
11.02.2012 , 04:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reviaj View Post

P.S: I also have a jugger a PT and a shadow, 3 melees, and I have no problems dealing with these bubbles. Just if you thought "you don't play a melee and you don't know how it feels being stun half of the WZ"... yes, I know how it feels, but I also have a sorc and I also know how it feels.
Not only I have both Marauder and PT, I also play a concealment operative now.
If they come to the forum and QQ about the bubble stun as lolmara or lolsmasher they really should try to do it on a concealment operative.

Funny thing is people playing non-fotm class like Concealment Operatives didnt cry about bubble stun yet the much stronger classes like Mara/Guardian/PT are chain QQing... well maybe its because none fotm players are so rare nowdays OR maybe these fotms are so used to sorcs being free kills and is unhappy about a sorc can now pose a threat to their facerolling ACs.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |