Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bring in auto attacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
bring in auto attacking?

Fallerup
10.21.2012 , 09:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
This is not the game you are looking for.
you forgot to wave your hand but you are right.

auto attack isn't needed. The only time you use it is for a filler, when your Energy/heat/ammo/force/rage gets low/high. So an auto attack would be an auto filler, only requiring you to push ability buttons and the auto attack button once. pr. fight or mob if its trash.
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

happysister
10.23.2012 , 07:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Dude, just press the button. lol

Players now-a-days, too lazy to press a single button. lol
took the words right out of my mouth.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

GARhenus
10.24.2012 , 09:07 AM | #13
this is only an issue until you hit lvl 2

CthulhuRyleh
10.24.2012 , 09:16 AM | #14
I think one of the best part of this game is no auto attack, auto attack kills the combat immersion.

denpic
10.24.2012 , 11:01 PM | #15
I'm fine with no auto attack but I'd like to see some kind of macro system implemented for Attacks My g13 enables me to have sunder as one button and when it's on cooldowb for 5secs it switches to the normal strike Attack until sunder comes off cool down you still need to key press for each attack but just saves space 2 attacks bound to one key if stuff like this is allowed through hardware then why not Have it implemented in game

seatown
10.26.2012 , 01:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Dude, just press the button. lol

Players now-a-days, too lazy to press a single button. lol
Maybe its the smoke but I almost pissed myself laughing when I read this and yeah pretty much my thoughts as well.

Journeyer
10.31.2012 , 01:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
this is only an issue until you hit lvl 2
Win~
(OP: As others have noted, the need to analyze your group of opponents and decide how to use your abilities makes this a game)
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Skodan
11.01.2012 , 03:43 PM | #18
i dont feel that an auto attack is needed but rather a ranged basic attack for sages/sorcerers (heck, it could replace saber strike). that way sages still can do a basic attack without having to be within 4m of their target.

on my assassin its obviously not an issue because you fight melee, but on my sage its a pain because as a TK spec or any spec really you are fighting/healing at range
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Obviousenuendo
06.29.2013 , 11:33 PM | #19
I think the real solution people are asking for, is taking your basic attack function OFF the global cool down,
that way I can spam right click to attack as I normally do (even when a game has auto attack) and still use regular abilities, This game amazing broke my right click spam habit for what ever reason and as a guardian always in soren form, strike is pretty useless but necessary when no other ability is available, hence then I right click. but it still puts everything else on GCD.
getting rid of that would be easiest fix regardless of play-style imo.

Gyronamics
06.30.2013 , 02:36 AM | #20
Autoattacking would encourage more players into thinking they are doing something useful when they are not.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN