Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to have Merc DPS improved to be able to compete with other DPS classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Petition to have Merc DPS improved to be able to compete with other DPS classes

Couver
09.24.2012 , 08:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
The shared tree for Commandos doesn't provide much option for run-and-gun gameplay. All you get is Incendiary Round (not an effective spam cast since it's got marginal frontload and lasts 18 seconds), Assault Plastique (15 sec CD), HiB (15 sec CD unless you're using Charged Bolts and Full Auto), and Hammer Shot (basic attack = marginal damage at best). A majority of Assault's damage is dependent on Charged Bolts and Full Auto. At best, you could use Tech Override to instacast a Charged Bolts while you're running, but that's one cast every 2 minutes. In general, the only abilities that a Commando can use on the move are on 15 sec use cycles, which hurts them considering those are also supposed to be kept on CD; unless you're jumped right when you're about to reach the restart of that 15 sec cycle, a Commando can only really lay down with its basic attack.
Vanguard skillset as a whole better compliments thwe assault tree. The ability to have a 90% armor pen rate on HiB and resetting it with stockstrike/plasma cell. granted, I know the proc rate was increased a while ago but that's still where the majority of run and gun dps is going to come from.

Kitru
09.24.2012 , 08:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Couver View Post
Vanguard skillset as a whole better compliments thwe assault tree.
It's not that VGs have better compliments. From a pure damage potential, Assault works out for both VGs and Commandos equally well. The only reason VGs operate better with Assault is because their AC, as a whole, is designed to be substantially more mobile. DPS Commandos aren't mobile, which is what kills them in PvP, regardless of what spec they run with.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Couver
09.25.2012 , 02:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
It's not that VGs have better compliments. From a pure damage potential, Assault works out for both VGs and Commandos equally well. The only reason VGs operate better with Assault is because their AC, as a whole, is designed to be substantially more mobile. DPS Commandos aren't mobile, which is what kills them in PvP, regardless of what spec they run with.
Then you agree. My original post in this thread was quoting someone in regards to pvp and mobility.

Pve I could care less about. That's more of a gear check.

Kanjir
09.25.2012 , 06:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beansoup View Post
As playing a sniper as my main, I gotta say... How about start using that heavy armour and try moving around a bit, and then come complain about your class again if needed. And why on earth would you try to go and melee with a Merc in the first place? It's a ranged class, not a melee class.

...And yes the range is a defence if you can use the line of sight to your benefit and move. Mercs can also run and gun easily dealing a motherlode of damage while doing so.
You sir, make it obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. Good job.

warultima
09.25.2012 , 10:13 PM | #15
Same reason why theres a sin trolling operative forum and say operatives are fine coz he got owned by one on his darkness sin in a 1v1.

And how concealment are fine if people l2p. and how "badly" sins needed the buff even tho they already have multiple rwz capable tank dps specs. While operatives are forced to go heal or no rwz for you.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Asturias
09.26.2012 , 04:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
I don't know what else to do to get these guys to open up their eyes on this stuff. I'm pretty sick and tired of getting the short end of the stick though with these patches. They nerfed the crap out of us and still haven't figured it out that it was a huge mistake.
I agree.

We don't have any survivability and we can't take a hit for nothing.
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

Michalrajtar
10.29.2012 , 02:45 AM | #17
I leveled up my merc only on PvP from 10 to 50. I tried all 3 builds. In mid tree we got good dps but no mobility. We start DPSing we die in next 10 secs. On right tree we have slightly more mobility, but only slightly, and we can't provide DPS as on mid tree. We should have something like jet escape described in our class thread that allows us to fly several meters away and slow targets movement speed by shooting to em, maybe something like effect that occur to prey of Sage targeted by telecinetic throw
Tomb of Freedon Nadd lv55 characters:

<Rycerze Republiki> Naddesh, Juuley, Sci'var
<Troll Squad> Azuva

xxIncubixx
10.29.2012 , 12:44 PM | #18
the DPS it self isnt the issue, its survivability and utility where the class is just broken. however that beeing sad, i would return the damage prior to the nerf.