Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Questions About Kreia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Some Questions About Kreia

OldVengeance
10.25.2012 , 10:51 PM | #11
The Codex says that she was a Sith Lord who "nearly brought the galaxy to it's knees and all but eradicated the Jedi order centuries ago."

That doesn't quite fit with what Kriea did. Is there some piece of information about her that places her life during the Jedi Civil War era?

The Codex also says that after all her accomplishments

Barring Bioware ignoring Kotor 2 altogether and rectoning Kriea into that, the closest thing I can make sense of the story is that she's some veteran of the Great Hyperspace War who knew the Emperor before he led the sith survivors into an exodus.

Murillio
10.25.2012 , 11:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
The Codex says that she was a Sith Lord who "nearly brought the galaxy to it's knees and all but eradicated the Jedi order centuries ago."

That doesn't quite fit with what Kriea did. Is there some piece of information about her that places her life during the Jedi Civil War era?
How doesn't that fit? As a part of the Sith Triumvirate, Kreia, Darth Nihilus, and Darth Sion almost eradicated the entire Jedi Order. Eventually the two of them kicked Kreia out because they felt they didn't need her anymore, but she was the mastermind who orchestrated the whole plan, she was the one who trained Sion and helped turn Nihilus into a power hungry beast. The only reason the Jedi Order ended up surviving is because of the Exiles companions, having been turned into Jedi, formed up the new order. There were also stragglers such as Bastila who managed to go undetected.

Edit: I should also note that the Republic was in complete disarray during that period of time. Without the Jedi to rely on, and with things like Telos and Onderon facing crises due to the Sith, if it hadn't been for the Exile, the Republic would have surely imploded on itself, hence why you can say that Kreia helped bring the galaxy to it's knees. Everything was ready to collapse, and the problem lay in the fact that the Sith refused to fight open warfare, they only targeted the Jedi and the Republic from the shadows. Now Onderon and the Telos situations were largely due in part to Sion and Nihilus, but Kreia was the one who set it all in motion (especially in the case with Telos in which she baited Nihilus to come out of hiding)

Zardac_the_Great
10.25.2012 , 11:23 PM | #13
Hate to break it to you, but that's exactly what Kreia did.

OldVengeance
10.25.2012 , 11:46 PM | #14
Nihilus and Sion nearly eradicated the Jedi Order. She was cast out of the Sith order and exiled as they did so. They were also the ones that threatened Onderon and Telos. She actually contributed to saving those worlds from them. She baited Nihilus to go to Telos so he would be destroyed, not to try to "bring the Republic to it's knees." She never seemed especially concerned with destroying the Republic, just the Jedi and Sith teachings.

Saying she did those things is kind of twisting the definition in my opinion. She was sort of involved in events that resulted in the near eradication of the Jedi Order and other events that would have maybe destroyed the Republic eventually down the line. But mostly indirectly. But even if she taught other people how to do those things, it doesn't mean she nearly eradicated the Jedi and the Republic because somebody else did.

Kaisernick
10.26.2012 , 03:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post

The Codex also says that after all her accomplishments

Barring Bioware ignoring Kotor 2 altogether and rectoning Kriea into that, the closest thing I can make sense of the story is that she's some veteran of the Great Hyperspace War who knew the Emperor before he led the sith survivors into an exodus.
Kreia to atton "i once held the galaxy by the throat, as you once held her by the throat" if that doesn't sound like nearly brought the galaxy to it's knees then i dont know what does.