Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Moddable Offhand Items

JasonNH
10.24.2012 , 11:00 AM | #1
Is there any particular restriction with respect to the source from which mods are pulled when putting them into an orange moddable offhand item? For instance, if I want to create a custom offhand shield using a mix of black hole and columi gear, will that work? I'm particularly concerned with the armoring mod itself and whether that can be transferred from any piece of gear.
Tashili, Medeira, Arreldon, Kaatta, Windemere
Raschtok, Chantea, Sterbefall, Toede

demotivator
10.24.2012 , 11:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonNH View Post
Is there any particular restriction with respect to the source from which mods are pulled when putting them into an orange moddable offhand item? For instance, if I want to create a custom offhand shield using a mix of black hole and columi gear, will that work? I'm particularly concerned with the armoring mod itself and whether that can be transferred from any piece of gear.
As far as I know if you remove an armoring from a chest piece for instance, the only armor piece that will be able to accept it is another chestplate. So you won't be able to equip your offhand with it (I'm thinking about shields/generators here).

Now the other way around... an armoring removed from an offhand can be used on anything.
Randomizing your forums.

aristein
10.24.2012 , 11:15 AM | #3
I haven't had any trouble putting any mod in. The mods seem to be generic "types" (armoring, mods, enhancement, etc). Just put the right type in the right slot and it doesn't matter where it came from.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Tim-ONeil
10.24.2012 , 11:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
As far as I know if you remove an armoring from a chest piece for instance, the only armor piece that will be able to accept it is another chestplate. So you won't be able to equip your offhand with it (I'm thinking about shields/generators here).

Now the other way around... an armoring removed from an offhand can be used on anything.
You just gave me an idea! Thank you!

I have been annoyed that I'm forced to use PVP belts and bracers to keep my expertise rating when it completely ruins the look of the character if you are using custom gear. Ripping a PVP armoring out of a shield will allow me to do this. It's way more expensive than it should be but it's a work around and I never thought of it before
Jainā Tīm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

Arlon_Nabarlly
10.24.2012 , 12:00 PM | #5
Any armoring with set bonus tied to it is for sure slot bound this means:
Campain/Dread PvE gear
&
War Hero PvP gear

I'm not sure if the same applies for Blackhole/Hazmat and the previous sets Tionese/Columi/Rakata, but my gutt is they too are slot bound. I don't think bracers/belt/offhand are, but I haven't acquired any of those in the Dread set yet.

JasonNH
10.24.2012 , 12:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Any armoring with set bonus tied to it is for sure slot bound this means:
Campain/Dread PvE gear
&
War Hero PvP gear

I'm not sure if the same applies for Blackhole/Hazmat and the previous sets Tionese/Columi/Rakata, but my gutt is they too are slot bound. I don't think bracers/belt/offhand are, but I haven't acquired any of those in the Dread set yet.
Yeah, that's the area where it is fuzzy to me. I'll pay the extraction fees to test it out on my Battlemaster gear this evening and see if I can move the armoring from my leggings into my offhand. I suppose it's the only way to be sure. Thanks for the responses.

Tim-ONeil
10.24.2012 , 12:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonNH View Post
Yeah, that's the area where it is fuzzy to me. I'll pay the extraction fees to test it out on my Battlemaster gear this evening and see if I can move the armoring from my leggings into my offhand. I suppose it's the only way to be sure. Thanks for the responses.
I think you misunderstand. The only armoring that come from the vendor as non restricted are the ones in the offhand item.

So you can take the armoring from those items and put them anywhere else. However you cannot take a chest piece only mod and put it in an offhand.

See the difference?
Jainā Tīm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

jgoldsack
10.24.2012 , 12:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim-ONeil View Post
You just gave me an idea! Thank you!

I have been annoyed that I'm forced to use PVP belts and bracers to keep my expertise rating when it completely ruins the look of the character if you are using custom gear. Ripping a PVP armoring out of a shield will allow me to do this. It's way more expensive than it should be but it's a work around and I never thought of it before
That is what I did for both my bracers and belt. I took the mods out of the WH offhand and put them in my belt and bracer. Ended up getting a pretty decent upgrade out of it too. I don't know what your OH are or stats are, but for me as an assassin tank, there was no reason for me to go up to the Elite War Hero OH to rip mods... as the WH one was only a couple point difference. Was not worth the cost IMO.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

JasonNH
10.24.2012 , 12:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim-ONeil View Post
I think you misunderstand. The only armoring that come from the vendor as non restricted are the ones in the offhand item.

So you can take the armoring from those items and put them anywhere else. However you cannot take a chest piece only mod and put it in an offhand.

See the difference?
Yes, I understood the difference, it just seemed like there was a divided opinion on whether or not it was actually possible to do that (move an armoring from a non-offhand set piece into an offhand). Thanks.