Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfers - When can we expect them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfers - When can we expect them?

Aelrail
09.20.2012 , 02:37 PM | #1
This is a feature that I'm really looking forward to have. Can we please get an update on this feature?

I have 4 level 50's, but my problem is that 3 of them are on The Ebon Hawk while my main is on Jedi Covenant.
I would like to be able to transfer those 3 to Jedi Covenant since I'm no longer interested in playing on The Ebon Hawk.
I understand that there MIGHT be server population balancing issues by allowing server transfers so shortly after the consolidation (or other issues that I'm unaware off) as the reasons why this service hasn't been offered yet, but, isn't there a way to offer transfers for people interested in consolidating their characters? Maybe having at least a lvl 50 on the destination server as a pre-requisite?

I really don't care if I have to rename all of them, just been able to have all my characters in one place as soon as possible would go a long way in improving my game experience.

Thanks
Bounty Hunter Rakshak - Shield Tech - 55
Sith Warrior Jorxen - Carnage - 55
Imperial SoulTakers Guild - Jedi Covenant server (US East)
CE Owner

JWagner
09.20.2012 , 02:39 PM | #2
I say, if they do it as a way to "consolidate characters", it would go to the server with the MOST characters. That way, there is less of a population shift w/ only one character leaving, instead of three.

And if they do it, I suspect that's how they'll do it. Less work, and less risk. Just more whining.
█||||||||()█≡(█████The Ebon Hawk (RP)█████►
Drayson Jedi Guardian | Dinaya Jedi Shadow | | Ree'ki Gunslinger
Dray Sith Marauder | Dinaya Sith Sorcerer | Dalina Powertech | Si'her'ka Operative

Aelrail
09.20.2012 , 02:42 PM | #3
I see your point, but I can only play 1 character at a time so it really wouldn't affect the actual server population adversely, plus that would make my issue even worst.
Bounty Hunter Rakshak - Shield Tech - 55
Sith Warrior Jorxen - Carnage - 55
Imperial SoulTakers Guild - Jedi Covenant server (US East)
CE Owner

JWagner
09.20.2012 , 02:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelrail View Post
I see your point, but I can only play 1 character at a time so it really wouldn't affect the actual server population adversely, plus that would make my issue even worst.
I understand what your saying. You play on a server, etc, etc.
But after everything, from their point of view, I think it would make sense to merge the servers with less characters to the servers with the most. In your case, unfortunately, is Ebon Hawk [though I'd love to hang w/ your 50s sometime ]
█||||||||()█≡(█████The Ebon Hawk (RP)█████►
Drayson Jedi Guardian | Dinaya Jedi Shadow | | Ree'ki Gunslinger
Dray Sith Marauder | Dinaya Sith Sorcerer | Dalina Powertech | Si'her'ka Operative

AMulls
09.20.2012 , 02:44 PM | #5
I'm all for this. My only question would be why would there even be an issue with population shift? Provided that transfers can only be made to a destination on which you already have characters. You can still only play one character at a time, so it wouldn't increase the population in any way.

And meanwhile, if I didn't care about my legacy or anything else, I could just reroll a new toon on any of the new superservers. So, I don't see balance as being an issue either way.

Bottom line, there is no reason for transfers NOT to be available. Let's make this happen, Bioware!

Graydon
09.20.2012 , 02:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
I say, if they do it as a way to "consolidate characters", it would go to the server with the MOST characters. That way, there is less of a population shift w/ only one character leaving, instead of three.

And if they do it, I suspect that's how they'll do it. Less work, and less risk. Just more whining.
You can only play one character at a time? The "delicate" population would shift by one not three.

Also the shift would be no different than new and old players creating new characters.

Aberd
10.02.2012 , 05:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JWagner View Post

I'm in a similar position as OP. Moving characters to the server I have the most 50's on would be counter productive for me. I have my reasons from playing on server with only 1 lvl 50 and not on the one with 3 level 50\s.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Graydon
10.24.2012 , 10:23 AM | #8
Dear wonderful Community Managers,

Could you please query or poll the people in charge and discover a status?

Thanks!