Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cameego
12.20.2011 , 01:58 AM | #441
My first swtor.exe still seems to be at ridiculously high memory- 1,514,000 K atm. Am I alone in this?

kraniumz
12.20.2011 , 02:04 AM | #442
Ok i find that disabling bloom helps a lot with fps but it also disables hologram in cutscenes. Is there a walkaround to get the hologram to work without bloom ?

Naltik
12.20.2011 , 02:22 AM | #443
BW at least acknowledging us would make me a little more understanding. Extremely disappointing that a game we've been waiting for for years is essentially unplayable.

mufutiz
12.20.2011 , 02:53 AM | #444
maybe there is no problem

Awolnation
12.20.2011 , 03:00 AM | #445
Where are you guys having the FPS issue? If it's on Taris, then it is a known issue they are working on with high priority. Read the sticky. My warrior has been stuck inside a base in Taris for a day now. Hoping the fix comes soon.

copilka
12.20.2011 , 03:00 AM | #446
BUMP!
Nvidia quadro nvs 140m
Unplayable

Mugo
12.20.2011 , 03:10 AM | #447
Quote: Originally Posted by Multiply View Post
My problem is 'massive' stuttering and by massive i mean it occurs often. like every 5-15sec i get a 0,1-0,2sec freeze, in the fleet it's like every 4sec, i get 0,1 sec freeze.

funny enough my suttering seems to be very minor, or completely gone in Warzones. but fps drops occurs instead. like going down 12fps. or so

i have a 1090T hexacore, and ati 6970 2gb.
Another good gfx card. Same issues.

I have reinstalled everything from Win XP SP3 to Win7 64 bit and experiencing same issues.
It is disappointing that Bioware acts like nothing happens.
I have recommended to several of my friends who want to buy a game, to wait a bit in order to clear out these things. Now it depends on Bioware....

Sevvy_Boo
12.20.2011 , 03:14 AM | #448
Hey guys, gonna post some band-aids that I've found for people experiencing good frame rates, but encountering performance spikes in certain areas. I.e.: going indoors, rotating camera at a certain angle

Keep in mind that I normally run the game with everything on high, with my monitor's native resolution of 1920x1080. I reset all of my graphic's cards settings to the factory settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.

System:

Intel i7 950 @3.07Ghz (4 cores)
9 GB of RAM
Nvidia GTX 560 "EVGA superclocked" 2GB memory
650 watt PSU

First band-aid: running the game in a window and maximized with all settings turned on/high. With this fix, the problem areas in my game run at about 50-55 FPS, down from my usual 60.

2nd: Running in full-screen, turning off bloom effects, and keeping everything else turned on/high. This resolves any FPS issues I have and increases my game to a straight 60FPS.

3rd: Running in full-screen, turning shadows to low or off, and keeping everything else turned on/high. This also resolves all FPS issues and runs the game at a straight 60 FPS.

What I can surmise is that the bloom setting and shadows is either A. too intense for my system to handle both at once, although this seems dubious since the MAJORITY of the game runs at a 60 FPS with ALL settings on high, only spiking in select areas (this seems to be very similar to the problems listed here of experiencing poor performance in particular buildings) or B. the two settings interact poorly with one another.

I don't know why running the game in a full window would make the game better; in my experience this usually makes my performance worse.

I'm not a computer programmer, just a philosophy student, but I've been toying around with the game to see what does what with performance, and this is what I've found.

I know alot of you are having MUCH worse issues than I am, and I am truly sorry for that, but my FPS issues were enough to prompt me to become unsatisfied, and I found my way to this thread and stand with you guys. I'll keep directing other posters here as I have been doing when I see players with FPS problems.

Wish I had more to offer, guys. Hope we all get playing at tip top shape soon, especially those of you who can't play at all.
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

P5-R4
12.20.2011 , 03:23 AM | #449 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings all,

I would ask you to take a look at this post made by N2-H0 (again) and in case the troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, reply in this thread with the information requested (if you haven't done that already).

I do understand that you want to play the game without fps-issues and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your patience!
P5-R4 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

starsybil
12.20.2011 , 03:32 AM | #450
Graphic card used : Sapphire RADEON HD 6950 2GB Dirt3 Edition
Driver version: Driver Packaging Version 8.911-111025a-128243C-ATI
Catalyst Version: 11.11
Use of a CrossFire system: No
Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): SpaceShips 100fps outside 5-15 sometimes 25-30

Like i wrote in another thread:
I had a look at the gpu activity while testing with other games, Skyrim (Nonstop 80-90% Activity) and Witcher 2 (96-99% Activity nonstop). Both run totally fluid.
Swtor however has 0-15% gpu activity when im at 15 fps in town/outside and 50% in my spaceship where i get like 100fps. It somehow feels like it should be the other way around, if even.

Edit: Tried all the steps mentioned above, it didnt help unfortunately.