Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth
10.15.2012 , 11:40 PM | #1
Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Brool
10.16.2012 , 12:28 AM | #2
as someone who strickly solo/duo queue's, I have no problem with going against premades.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Ssfbistimg
10.16.2012 , 12:59 AM | #3
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.

Apaolo
10.16.2012 , 01:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
That and 6-7 man teams.

Woimy
10.16.2012 , 01:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
The problem is, bads will never get better if their first (and almost certainly only) WZ they get rolled by fully aug'd WH premades on teamspeak. The under-50 WZs do little to prepare the 'bad' for the facestomping Biofail has decreed he or she must submit to for a week or more just to have BM gear. True, you learn from failure, but the amount and magnitude of fail that this game requires you to submit to in order to learn (and, as importantly, gear up) is a little too steep.

Sadly, the facestompers seem to be a majority of the surviving PvP population - many of them have 49 uber-twinks just so they can continue to not face actual competition. But it's ok, bad n00bs are what are causing the mass unsubs right?

Ssfbistimg
10.16.2012 , 01:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Woimy View Post
The problem is, bads will never get better if their first (and almost certainly only) WZ they get rolled by fully aug'd WH premades on teamspeak. The under-50 WZs do little to prepare the 'bad' for the facestomping Biofail has decreed he or she must submit to for a week or more just to have BM gear. True, you learn from failure, but the amount and magnitude of fail that this game requires you to submit to in order to learn (and, as importantly, gear up) is a little too steep.

Sadly, the facestompers seem to be a majority of the surviving PvP population - many of them have 49 uber-twinks just so they can continue to not face actual competition. But it's ok, bad n00bs are what are causing the mass unsubs right?
not true. Before this game I never did any pvp in any game. Then for some reason I decided to try PVP in this game. When I first started playing pvp with my trooper (lvl 20) back in January I was horrible. And I was playing against fully geared 50's back then. Every warzone I entered I started learning the objectives and my class. Over time I started realizing that I didnt have to do things solo. Started noticing who were good players and I'd follow them and attack who they attacked. Seeing what they were doing. But honestly what helped me the most was quitting at 1.2 to play Tera. In Tera you cant click your abilities you have to use keybinds. This made a huge difference when I came back to SW:TOR. But I went from around a 2/10 when I started doing warzones to now I believe I am 7/10. I wouldnt have gotten better tho if I played against people who were as bad as I was.
Most bads dont believe they are bad and hence dont try and learn to be better. they just ask for nerfs or complain about gear gaps or premades or hacks.

Ybini
10.16.2012 , 01:15 PM | #7
Comes with the territory. I always solo queue and finally have fully augmented warhero gear now for about a month. I started from full BM back in 1.2 so that should give you an idea how long it takes a casual player. I agree its dishearting to get stomped bad against a rated op group but it would be rotten to finally get geared out and start doing rated and be bored waiting for it to pop. Removing rated groups out sounds good, but it penalizes players who are trying to have some fun when they're waiting for a rated queue to pop. Yeah I know it seems hardly like it'd be fun to roflstomp recruits but it passes the time and thats why they're there.

Veniras
10.16.2012 , 01:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
We know. As the issue has not been adressed by BW the only option you can do as a paying customer is to vote with your wallet

Apaolo
10.16.2012 , 01:24 PM | #9
PS: Working as intended.

Veniras
10.16.2012 , 01:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Apaolo View Post
PS: Working as intended.
You mean, like operatives were .. before they got nerfed?