Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Youtube is the biggest spoiler ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Youtube is the biggest spoiler ever

Injudicator
09.28.2012 , 01:41 AM | #1
I have been watching all kinds of videos on SWTOR. Some are guides, some are nice music videos, but for the love of God I canot escape Youtube trying to spoil SWTOR for me. I constantly get suggestions with character final story quests or Companion X does Y because the truth is Z... I'm starting to just log off when browsing Youtube, too much spoil

Has Youtube suggestions spoiled something for you as well? Would you rather log out and be safe or log in to be able to view your favorites and subscriptions but to risk constant spoils?

hillerbees
09.28.2012 , 04:52 AM | #2
You said it mate - just stay off youtube and just play your character as you want to play it. What does it matter what effect it has on your story - its YOUR story! It is handy though for datacron hunting etc though, I will give it that.

kalistea
09.28.2012 , 07:58 AM | #3
Youtube spoiled something big for me! I played a female LS sith warrior and as I was looking for some DS version of the quests that I did...

Spoiler

So I have to thank Youtube for that

Larity
09.28.2012 , 08:13 AM | #4
rather experience for myself, only thing i ever saw on youtube was the LS agent ending again, cause it was awesome.

Darth_Vicente
09.30.2012 , 02:51 PM | #5
Yeah, nothing worse than youtube videos (or thread titles) with spoilers IN THEM so you can't avoid it even if you don't watch (or read).
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

zorroazul
09.30.2012 , 03:11 PM | #6
Sadly, I also been a victim of the spoilers knife not only in this game, but in most MMOs. So whenever I go to a specific class thread, I always avoid anything that has these words: why, brother/sister, love, ending...and especially, run away everytime it has either "kill" or "die".

It takes some time and lots of practice, but yeah, we can avoid spoilers.

SamuelAU
10.01.2012 , 12:44 AM | #7
Youtube spoiled some of the Jedi Consular storyline for me.

Spoiler

I've managed to avoid spoilers for IA though, where I'm up to Voss. The only storyline where I'm completely in the dark!

Letallis
10.01.2012 , 08:01 AM | #8
I find general chat to be worse than youtube. People blurt so I just keep the chat window closed.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

Eillack
10.01.2012 , 08:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Letallis View Post
I find general chat to be worse than youtube. People blurt so I just keep the chat window closed.
This.

I'm all for the Youtube videos though because of how they are extremely helpful. And besides, those aren't "My endings," etc. Those are some other player's endings.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.