Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinion on 1.4 balance.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Opinion on 1.4 balance.

Reviaj
09.29.2012 , 06:25 AM | #81
Actually I'm kind of happy with this patch, there are still some things missing but I think it doesn't look bad.

I personally have at level 50 a Shadow (Warlord), Powertech (Conqueror) and Juggernaut (War Hero). Here my two cents:

- Mara/Jugger Rage: well, yes. It's so damn easy to play and you can do A LOT of damage... OP? Well, Marauders were already a bit too much (not talking about nerf, please don't missunderstand) with their defensives CDs, I used to kill them before and I still kill them now (not every single time, but fortunatelly, this is a 8 vs 8 game so I really don't care if I can't 1 vs 1 one or 2 classes as soon as I can do my job). However I still think that they have many defensive CDs for the damage they do... and a perfect example is the Juggernaut itself. It does a lot of damage, it can even do little more than a Mara, but if it gets focused a Rage Jugger dies in 2 stuns... that's it. We all now that Mara can do to survive so I will not going into it. Nerf Rage already? Uuuum let's wait, the only WZs I'm doing insane damage it's the ones where healers try to cast their heals while I'm finising my Ravage together with my force crush on them... while their tank is attacking my healer? o.O

- Powertechs: I love the nerf, I really do. AP it is not just more fun to play, if you've read the previous point, now think about that sweet 30% damage reduction to AoE damage and that 30% damage reduction while stunned... yes please, Warriors and Kinghts I want to ALL to play Rage/Focus!

- Shadow: I like the changes, I feel I can play again as a "Lone Wolf" and at the same time, now I can participate in the fight when needed instead of being affraid of getting killed without being targeted ¬¬ Also the shadow strike, it's pretty daaaamn good.

I'm not going to talk about other classes because I do not play them at level 50 and I don't think I can say anything better than somebody who plays those classes.

About the TTK...meh, I don't think it has change that much, it depends on the party you have and the party you play against. Even if it's shorter, I don't think is that important for WZs, I have won many WZ where my team does a max of 10 kills while the other team does 40, 50, 38 etc etc... the only WZ really affected by that is Novare Coast, because everything it's pretty far there and the faster you kill, the better. You can win Alderaan, Voidstar and Huttbal almost killing noone (I don't say every single time, but it is possible) if you have tanks, heals and GOOD dps stealthers. Again, it's my personal opinion.

Cheers

Belly
09.29.2012 , 06:51 AM | #82
Been working on my lowbie sin (deception). I had shelved my 50 shadow, infiltration just didn't click for me. I'm all about stealth classes in MMOs. Moving about unseen, choosing your battles. Nothing like intercepting a ball the enemy team was trying to throw away

At any rate. The reduced CD on Force cloak is very nice, and I love the entropic field change. Don't have force shroud yet, but I still feel pretty tough in my cloth armor. The legion of lolsweepers/lolsmashers can be tough to deal with as meele, but not impossible.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

warultima
09.29.2012 , 06:56 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
Been working on my lowbie sin (deception). I had shelved my 50 shadow, infiltration just didn't click for me. I'm all about stealth classes in MMOs. Moving about unseen, choosing your battles. Nothing like intercepting a ball the enemy team was trying to throw away

At any rate. The reduced CD on Force cloak is very nice, and I love the entropic field change. Don't have force shroud yet, but I still feel pretty tough in my cloth armor. The legion of lolsweepers/lolsmashers can be tough to deal with as meele, but not impossible.
Uhhh... infiltration = deception fyi...

Its like saying Pyrotech PT sucks *** and never worked for me but Assult VG works great.

Gunnery commando sucks but Arsenal Merc is fine.

Sharpshooter Gunslinger is underpowered, Marksman Sniper works great.

Rage Juggernaut blows, Focus Guardian is teh pwn.

| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

SpaniardInfinity
09.29.2012 , 08:06 AM | #84
Quote:
But simply, I am curious if people think that 1.4 balance in PvP is better or worse than it was in 1. 3, and why.
I'll tell you right now, I'm going to be at least partially biased -- I'm a healer. For the meta-game, I am glad to see that classes being made viable. While some classes are arguably strong presently, everyone should be able to contribute with their skills in essentially every (full) spec in a meaningful way. There are a few stragglers who still need some help, I think, but the improvements to stealthers and the rework of Trooper/Bounty Hunter Assault/Pyro has brought value back to these classes (the latter change I think was really clever -- Vanguard does more burst as Assault but are limited to 10m for most of their attacks; Commando has less of the burst but has 30m range).

Beyond that, at least on my server, a great deal of the imbalance I think is AC-distribution. On Jedi Covenant, for instance, there is a terrible over-abundance of Inquisitors (and Warriors, but you'll see a team of Inquisitors before a team of Warriors). IMO, too much of any class is going to be overpowered. I remember playing a team of 5 Snipers in Huttball. They sucked at carrying the ball but were an unstoppable defense. Doesn't make the class OP - but the number of them was obnoxious. So, at least on my server, where there was already a bunch of Assassains (which is a frontrunner in among the classes best at controlling a player) these changes have made them wickedly powerful. I'm still undecided as to whether or not they may be bordering on too strong (damage-wise).

As for the changes to CC, I'm still undecided. I'm a healer, so it's hard to say if too much is too much. Realistically, if you have proper support, the stunlock shouldn't matter. I'll most likely base my opinion on it on how the changes affect rateds, since I think that's the best stage for testing whether or not the new resolve system works or needs tuning in the other direction.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Belly
09.29.2012 , 08:42 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Uhhh... infiltration = deception fyi...

Its like saying Pyrotech PT sucks *** and never worked for me but Assult VG works great.

Gunnery commando sucks but Arsenal Merc is fine.

Sharpshooter Gunslinger is underpowered, Marksman Sniper works great.

Rage Juggernaut blows, Focus Guardian is teh pwn.

I know that, I was referring to before the patch. For whatever reason, I really couldn't do well with the spec. Now i'm able to pull my weight at least.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

randalthorr
09.29.2012 , 09:06 AM | #86
They nerfed Vengeance jugs.... All I could do was LOL. I was not disappointed, I wasn't surprised, I wasn't angry, I wasn't frustrated.

***?!! Who complained about that ****
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia