Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Voidstar bug/feature?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New Voidstar bug/feature?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Voranis
09.28.2012 , 04:14 PM | #21
Good to hear an aknowlegment.

Had a similar round that left us all ...
"Hey did you guys just get a win?"
"Yeah .. what's up with that?"

We defended round 1.
They got to the bridge and we stopped them.

Round 2
We got acrost the bridge, and still had over 2:45 on the clock when game ended with a loss.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

Yogol
09.29.2012 , 12:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jamescloutier View Post
Not a bug. It's working correctly.
Nonsense, they second team had a chance to win this match. Just another thing that was not tested properly.

It won't be easy to test this properly, there are alot of possible scenarios, but if any change to the code was made, then there should have been a proper testing by the QA team.

Clearly, there wasn't.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

HelinCarnate
09.29.2012 , 12:42 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
You won because you open the first and second door before then did since by 1:20 they were not farther then you it went to based off the times it took both team to get to the same spot. so you were faster you won
But in that 1:20, the other team still had time to get across and open the other door. It should only end at this point if the 2nd team is faster.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

UncleOst
09.29.2012 , 12:59 AM | #24
Man I tell ya, 1.4 is buggy ****.

My jug died trying to prevent cap in voidstar, the bomb had not exploded yet. Our team totally had time to diffuse the bomb.
Now because the door had not exploded I should have rezzed at start point and rejoin the fight.
Instead... It ported me to the other side of the bridge when no one had even started to enter walk way yet!!
So add to this a barrier that was a few seconds from booting me from the warzone and leaving me to watch the team try to prevent another cap.
I was alone across the bridge for over 2 mins before erstwhile team mates joined up. Weird.

P.S.
The fukkin door barriers in all warzones are screwed. Some games I won't have to wait at all, then the next one will threaten to boot me from warzone back to back.

Laurreth
09.29.2012 , 04:31 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by UncleOst View Post
My jug died trying to prevent cap in voidstar, the bomb had not exploded yet. Our team totally had time to diffuse the bomb.
I'm going to correct you right there. The word is "defuse", unless you plan to dissolve the bomb in a lot of solvent of some kind to try and make it harmless.

It's a mistake in the subtitles as well, during a quest on Belsavis on the Republic side...
Spoiler

Anyway, back on topic. There are also conditions when a Voidstar match could end much sooner than it does now. Assume the attackers in the first round made it all the way through, and in the second round they manage to defend the first door all the time. Then the second round could technically end over a minute sooner than it does now, since it takes around 28 seconds to plant a bomb and have it detonate, plus 8 seconds per barrier, plus time to walk anywhere.