Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

MbaxterBeau
07.28.2012 , 12:26 AM | #111
Stun people over and over and over and over again
Stun Wars prepare to be chain stunned and pew pewed while you watch your resolve turn white and have no effect on helping you

jamesternine
07.29.2012 , 09:17 PM | #112
:w ea_09::sy_ item:

BrandonSM
07.30.2012 , 03:08 PM | #113
Amazing guide. Now I need to get everyone to read it.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

crasiat
08.03.2012 , 07:46 PM | #114
Can anybody point me to a guide that explains about all conditions that can be remove with "Triage", "Dodge", "Restoration", etc.? I had experimented by dueling but I am still a bit confused if I can remove force slow, armor debuffs, etc. Please help. Thanks.

tibernary
08.12.2012 , 09:35 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunez View Post
VERSION 1.16
UPDATED: 6-28-12

Another important piece of information that people often forget is to make sure you remove your mods from your Battlemaster armor before converting the armor into War Hero gear. NOTE: There are multiple reasons to rip mods and will later be explained in future updated sections dedicated to Mod-Ripping.
[/COLOR]
I don't understand the benefit of pulling out BM mods when you upgrade to War Hero gear. The War Hero gear has better mods so you no longer need the BM stuff. I just did that when upgrading to my first piece of War Hero gear and it costs a good amount to do.

I do understand the post about maximizing stats with mods, but it doesn't seem you would do that by re-using BM stuff after obtaining War Hero.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

GREAT post btw!

Captain_Zone
08.25.2012 , 12:11 PM | #116
Best damn guide on the Forums. Now if only we could get Imperial PvPers to read it!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

THorsblood
09.02.2012 , 05:35 AM | #117
Not sure if this was said but it also helps tons if you augment all your gear (relics too!) you get around 13 End and 8 Primary stat for each augment *grade 6(max)* would be around 169 extra end and 104 Primary stat if you aug all your gear! 1,690 HP or so? I might be a tad off here or there, but extra stats are extra stats xD.

Also if your a super dooper Min maxer make sure to get all the datacrons relevent to your class (All force users use will and strenght either as main or off stat) and *normals* use aim and cunning either as main or off stat and can help add a little extra OOMF, and last but not least getting all 8 class's NPC's finnished will net you more extra stats!

Complete the list add'd with Warhero, a stim of choice, and consumibles, add some skill and BAMN your a beast
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

Mirdthestrill
09.15.2012 , 06:20 PM | #118
I have a question. Is there any difference between, say a full battlemaster pvp set, and and set of some other armor with all the mods I ripped from the battlemaster set and put in this one?

Very useful guide, thanks for posting.
I <3 alts!

Crawelc
09.15.2012 , 06:24 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirdthestrill View Post
I have a question. Is there any difference between, say a full battlemaster pvp set, and and set of some other armor with all the mods I ripped from the battlemaster set and put in this one?

Very useful guide, thanks for posting.
Unfortunatly yes, the battlemaster armor has the set bonus tied to the shell itself. The war hero on the other hand has the set bonus tied to the armoring.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

loedkanexx
09.26.2012 , 12:33 PM | #120
Awesome so glad i read this, im new to these kinds of mmos and i love pvp. so when i started doing it i kept getting *****. and we always lose. now i know what to do. how long do you think it would take for a level 35 to get to 50 just by pvping ?