Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR May Still Be Headed Down a Dark Path (LONG POST)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR May Still Be Headed Down a Dark Path (LONG POST)

Urael
09.24.2012 , 08:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
To sum this thread up:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, DOOM. DOOM! DOOOOOOOM!!!!!
Agreed. Yet another Doom!!(™) Thread.

MOPSFounder
09.24.2012 , 09:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Agreed. Yet another Doom!!(™) Thread.
Too back Eillack and Urael, that some of us like TUXs and I beg to differ.

Urael
09.24.2012 , 09:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
Your post is too Soon(™)!!

This should be closed and reopened on Dec 22 2012 IF nothing has changed.

All this talk of greed, etc., etc.

We don't have all the data. We don't KNOW what is going on inside EAware.

Ask TUXs, I have posted that EAWare has a MAJOR communications and PR problem. They don't even know how to write clearly. Just 3 or 4 words added to their announcement about this last round of mergers would have quelled the freaking firestorm that erupted (see the Server Consonidation thread post number 311 ).

I just think that at this time your Doom!!(™) post is too Soon!!(™).

Are you still having fun playing the game? If so don't worry be happy!

Andryah
09.24.2012 , 09:46 AM | #24
[CENTER]The Force just isn't really strong with this game right now, and the Force in it will continue to diminish if EAWare keeps making poor management and business decisions with this game.
Force perception is an individual experience and is subjective.

Your thesis reads more like you have turned your back on the force and now want to admonish it. What is the point? Do you feel better now?
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
09.24.2012 , 09:49 AM | #25
I like TUXs too. But that does not make him right.

He's right only when I agree with him. See how personal perspecitve works?

TUXs
09.24.2012 , 09:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I like TUXs too. But that does not make him right.

He's right only when I agree with him. See how personal perspecitve works?
lol I like EVERYONE! I have nothing against this game either, I like it, love parts of it...but I HATE seeing it fall apart while Bioware does little or nothing to stop the bleeding.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Andryah
09.24.2012 , 09:52 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Flat out ignoring their customers.
Now now, we both know that the correct word here is "sometimes" or if you are really jaded, "often". Flat out means "never" and we both know just last week they listened to PTS feedback and altered the colorschemes of the new tier armor.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I have no interest in their success/failure, other than enjoying the people I play this game with.
That is true regardless, until they close the servers though.

TUXs
09.24.2012 , 10:14 AM | #28
Now now, we both know that the correct word here is "sometimes" or if you are really jaded, "often". Flat out means "never" and we both know just last week they listened to PTS feedback and altered the colorschemes of the new tier armor.

That is true regardless, until they close the servers though.
True. I guess I like to spice things up at times, even though I very consciously try to avoid doing such things.

They obviously have, from time to time, but it seems to be on the little things, like the color of armor, not removing Op lockouts, not on PvP, not on names, not on chat bubbles, not on PTS transfers...just little stuff typically. Arguably bigger things to some people, but it does feel like nothing being said is being heard at times.

Example...the space game. Arguably the weakest point of this entire game (next to PvP/Ilum). Sure, they have some super duper secret uber space project in "development"...but for the next 4-6 months, we'll see nothing but more of the SAME. Honestly, why?! What they have was so poorly received, that the idea of developing anything more for it seems utterly foolish. Yeah yeah...I know there are a handful of you folk who love it as it is...but there aren't enough of you to justify more of the same imo.

With the massive decline in subs, I just there needs to be a little more fire lit under Bioware. They may be content to watch their game fail, I'm not. Their timeline isn't good enough to me. Accepting their lackadaisical style, isn't going to happen for me. I deal with it, but I don't at all accept it as "normal" or acceptable.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Andryah
09.24.2012 , 11:57 AM | #29
This is talk of EAWare always talking about this and that "Coming Soon™" when they don't deliver weeks/months after what they've talked about. Don't you think it's about time they either put up or shut-up with the content teases?
Your expectations are unrealistic. Why?

Because it's pretty normal behavior for MMOs to be honest. They tell you about future content. Some of it comes, some of it does not come. And they NEVER give you calander commitments until the content is done and pretty much ready for patching.

And there is a reason for it. I know people like to pretend from the comfort of their arm chair that content is just a few lines of code here and there and a simple regression test and release. Fact is they are one of the most complex types of gaming software there is.

Urael
09.24.2012 , 12:02 PM | #30
Your expectations are unrealistic. Why?

Because it's pretty normal behavior for MMOs to be honest. They tell you about future content. Some of it comes, some of it does not come. And they NEVER give you calander commitments until the content is done and pretty much ready for patching.

And there is a reason for it. I know people like to pretend from the comfort of their arm chair that content is just a few lines of code here and there and a simple regression test and release. Fact is they are one of the most complex types of gaming software there is.
Not to mention that this has been the general behavoir of:
  1. PnP RPG Games (Game Cons, Panels)
  2. Miniatures Games (Game Cons, Panels)
  3. Comic Books (Comic Cons, Panels)
  4. Sci Fi (Cons, Panels)

Pretty much any geek entertainment.....

Here is one that will blow your mind. On the BBS' (remember those) for Star Wars Fans circa 1981, there was speculation about how Anakin was turned into Vader. Non-confirmed "sources" said Obiwan and Anakin had a light sabre battle and Obiwan kicks Anakin "into a volcano". We waited YEARS to see if this was true or not ( it was close).