Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR May Still Be Headed Down a Dark Path (LONG POST)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR May Still Be Headed Down a Dark Path (LONG POST)

MOPSFounder
09.24.2012 , 05:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEater View Post
I'm sorry but I had a hard time getting past the first paragraph. Inflated numbers? Based on what information? What do you have that proves their numbers were lower than what they said they were? Yes I finished reading and while some points are valid you simply throw out conjecture as fact and then refer back to your own unproven statements as if they were already confirmed facts. Show me a link proving they lied about their numbers.

Maybe if you said TORtanic a few more times like you're the first person to ever say maybe it might drive home your point another six feet into the ground.

I remember legacy being a flop? Well according to you every single thing they have done so far has been tainted and/or worthless so you think maybe you are seeing things with dung colored glasses?
These numbers were inflated because of the "one month extra sub" EAWare gave to the community during 1.2 and for the game's retail box. Here you go and here you go. The EA investor calls made these sub reports BEFORE these free months ended for those that were still subscribed but were not playing.

I never exactly stated EAWare has done so far is tainted and/or worthless. Please quote me on that if I've said that in the OP. Also, if you think a lot of what I've said is nothing but subjective then boy, you got another thing coming. I did a lot of research on this and I have provided links to prove many of this factual information! That is why a lot (NOT ALL) of this is objective.

MOPSFounder
09.24.2012 , 05:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
This.

OP accept the game isnt for you and move on, blatently lieing about the game doesnt give your post any credibility. Your comments are far to opinionated, biased and with false information for it to stand up to any decent discussion. Unfortunatly its childish posts like this that are holding up the game improving because BW are listening to the vocal few instead of the majority who are playing the game.

BTW the game is still hugely succesful, and Ive been very happy with the content thats been added, id like it to be more frequent and more depth, but in a years time we will see a very different game, much improved and a lot more content.
If you think I'm lying about the server add-ons and population decline; if you think I'm lying about the decrease in subscriptions since January; if you think I'm lying about the delay of RWZs; if you think I'm lying about the delay of patch 1.1; oh boy, you've got another thing coming.

If you're going to stay ignorant and not realize that this game has been sinking for a long while now, then I pity you.

I have provided more links in the above post!

MOPSFounder
09.24.2012 , 05:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
This is exactly what happened with Warhammer Online.

There were at least THREE occasions where WAR could have been turned around, and all were ignored or taken in a disasterous direction (under Mythic EA, Bioware-Mythic EA and then Bioware EA) to a back drop of swingeing development cuts from late Beta onwards.

F2P is SWTORs last chance, they have to do something other than stick it in maintance-mode and try to milk it.
Soluss (who sadly doesn't post because he probably unsubbed ) posted a thread which stated they may be discussing to try and milk their subscribers already. /shrug

This does not look pretty from what Soluss posted. Looks extremely valid and he may be correct, considering that EAWare will now take more control of this game since the BioWare docs have retired—and like I've said before... "Or so it seems."

Wuggzie
09.24.2012 , 06:11 AM | #14
My thoughts about this thread:

http://www.beautyangleshop.com/Artic...Cry-Secret.jpg

Get over it.

MOPSFounder
09.24.2012 , 06:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wuggzie View Post

Get over it.
If that's all then I pity you.

Knockerz
09.24.2012 , 06:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wuggzie View Post

Get over it.
Too bad swtor can't handle large pvp fights like wow or any other mmorpg. This applies to large pve raids too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8j4UbUpcmc

There are at least 240 players in most of those battles. I like to see swtor even have half those numbers, but as ilum has proven swtor engine can't handle large number of players in combat in a small area. That's what happens when you have a poorly optimize programming or poorly coded.

That's why most of the pvpers left for gw2 or went back to wow. Had ilum worked the situation would be different at least for the pvpers and pvp servers.

Actually, I was just reading about that pvp video consisted of 5 40 man raids for horde who assaulted the Sargeras sw gates and gs. Thus, consisted of at lest 200 players for horde against at least one full 40 alliance raid, but probably a lot bigger for 4 hours. This game can't even handle 40 vs 40 much less any thing over 200 players.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Trenter
09.24.2012 , 08:23 AM | #17
The one thing that can help speed this game up and have it march on stronger is having more people play it. Do you really think posts like these help? What is your end game here? Why are you posting this?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Eillack
09.24.2012 , 08:32 AM | #18
To sum this thread up:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, DOOM. DOOM! DOOOOOOOM!!!!!
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

TUXs
09.24.2012 , 08:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
Let's Take a Trip Down a Sinking Ship Memory Lane...

EA Investor Calls In early January, this game was reported to have sold more than 2mil copies and had 1.7mil subs. Later in March was reported by EA investor calls to have 1.3mil subs. Finally, on July 31st, 2012, EA investor calls revealed this game had over 500k subs but less than 1mil (very vague response). The July 31st investor call was made prior to the end of players' 6 month subs.

Game Updates The Rise of the Rakghouls Game Update was released on January 18, 2012—29 days after official release of SWTOR (36 days after day 1 of EGA).

On April 12, 2012—87 DAYS after 1.1—Legacy was finally released.

On June 26, 2012—68 DAYS after 1.2—Allies was finally released.

Unfortunately, this patch was also more feature-heavy than it was content-heavy. So honestly, we really haven't really received much new content if you still want to count the RWZs (which are still stuck in its "Pre-season") and that lackluster Chevin Conglomerate World Event.

As for Terror From Beyond... Coming Soon™! 88+ DAYS and counting from 1.3...

Lack of Communication in July .

Finally, somewhere in mid-June, EAWare implemented character transfers, created these "super-servers".

On September 18, 2012, these mega-servers were created.

James Ohlen even said content would be rolling out monthly after 1.2, and now they're saying post-F2P we'll be getting something EVERY 6 weeks? .

No REAL content has been delivered since 1.2. It seems like EAWare is making its current PAYING player-base wait on F2P content because all they care about currently is THEIR upcoming influx of new players.
Amazing post!!! Fantastic summary...thank you for taking the time it had to take to organize it all. Snipped a lot for space, but I kept the points that, when typed out, paint a perfect picture of SWTORs "development".

The highlighted yellow part is the one I want to comment on in particular. You're right. They take the measly few thousand players who pay for granted. If we haven't left by now, why do they care what we think? They have a pool of 2 MILLION+ people they're targeting, not a few thousand who are actually PAYING...obviously we don't want/need **edit** because we're ALREADY here...we'll be happy with ANYTHING right?! Why cater to us instead of the 2 MILLION+?

Greed, arrogance and ignorance, that's what's dooming this game.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

TUXs
09.24.2012 , 08:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Trenter View Post
The one thing that can help speed this game up and have it march on stronger is having more people play it. Do you really think posts like these help? What is your end game here? Why are you posting this?
I don't know his reason, but I'd like to think his motive was to make BIOWARE aware of why this game is in such a massive freaking decline...LIES! Unfulfilled promises. Flat out ignoring their customers. I have no interest in their success/failure, other than enjoying the people I play this game with. I like to think that IMPROVING the game might bring back a few of the hundreds I knew who quit. The truth shouldn't hurt...if it does, time to look at WHY that is.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.