Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Minimum Gear For Endgame (is my list accurate)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Minimum Gear For Endgame (is my list accurate)

itsmymillertime
09.17.2012 , 10:28 AM | #1
After reading from Bioware that the new 1.4 Terror From Beyond story mode operation was tuned for full Columi groups, further proved by people who said it was too easy when they were over geared with rakata and campaign, I decided to make a list of what should be a reasonable gear requirement for all endgame content. This is based on loot drops so that when you do the instance, the drops are improvements to what you should have. Does this all seem reasonable? And yes I know some people will disagree and will kick people from groups since they want a quick EASY run, but this should keep people challenged in all instances instead of facerolling the instance. What you all think?

Recommended Gear Requirements:

Hard Mode Flashpoints:

Esseles,Black Talon, Taral V, Boarding Party, Malestrom Prison, Directive 7, The Battle of Ilum, The False Emperor (Fresh 50's)

Kaon Under Siege (SM/HM) (Fresh 50's)

Lost Island (SM) (Fresh 50's)

Lost Island (HM) (Tionese)

Operations:

Eternity Vault (SM) (Fresh 50's / Tionese)

Eternity Vault (HM/NM) (Tionese/Columi)

Karagga's Palace (SM) (Fresh 50's / Tionese)

Karagga's Palace (HM/NM) (Tionese/Columi)

Explosive Conflict (SM) (Columi)

Explosive Conflict (HM/NM) (Rakata)

Terror From Beyond (SM) (Columi)

Terror From Beyond (HM) (Campaign)

MagnitudeZero
09.17.2012 , 10:49 AM | #2
I'm sure your list is fine as a guideline, but gear isn't the be all and end all, I find it annoying that some players still don't understand this! (no offense to you).

Just because you're in appropriate gear doesn't mean you're necessarily ready to go downing the relevant bosses, from what I've read this tier is quite a step up from previous tiers, so some players might find it quite a bit more challenging than the were prepared for.

On the other hand, some players might not need such high levels of gear, as they're more experienced players, and could cope relatively fine in more challenging and intensive content with lesser gear.

Remember, don't get frustrated just because you have supposedly high enough gear and yet are still struggling, but at the same time don't be so trepidatious when it comes to tackling the next challenge just because some site says your gear isn't good enough, even though you feel ready.

Obviously there will be some limititaions (tanks may need a certain amount of HP otherwise they will get one shot no matter how good they are).

Remember, bring the player, not the gear they're wearing!

Selenial
09.17.2012 , 11:31 AM | #3
One thing, EC HM requires rakata/bh All augmented for best results...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Khevar
09.17.2012 , 11:41 AM | #4
The OP's list is basically correct, from the viewpoint that the encounters were tuned for that level of gear.

However, I would say that only very skilled players can master the operation at that gear level (e.g. Tionese in Lost Island or Columi for NM EV)

The less skill one has, the more gear you'd need to master an operation. But the best gear in the game won't help you beat LR-5 if you don't interrupt incinerate, or beat the Infernal Council if they have a poor rotation, or kill Kephess if you don't handle the tank swap, etc. etc.

Order of importance (imo):

1. Learn to play your class well (if you're wearing black hole gear and can't kill your Infernal Council member, there's something wrong with your rotation)

2. Learn the mechanics of the fights.

3. Get better gear.

Aurojiin
09.17.2012 , 01:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Karagga's Palace (HM/NM) (Tionese/Columi)
NiM Jarg and Sorno is going to be a rollicking good time with Tionese/Columi tanks and healers.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

DarthFamine
09.17.2012 , 01:38 PM | #6
KP and EV Story mode I think need tionese
while the hard modes need full columni or better.
Nightmare need full rakata or better

EC needs full rakata or better for either mode right now, after the patch that will likely be different.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Krazy_Karl
09.17.2012 , 02:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
KP and EV Story mode I think need tionese
while the hard modes need full columni or better.
Nightmare need full rakata or better

EC needs full rakata or better for either mode right now, after the patch that will likely be different.
This is wrong. You are overgearing the content.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

Khevar
09.17.2012 , 03:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
This is wrong. You are overgearing the content.

Regards,
KK
I believe it's not a matter of overgearing the content. It's using gear to lessen the impact of lack of skill in class or lack of ability to handle boss mechanics.

marqul
09.17.2012 , 04:17 PM | #9
Sorry if this is sort of a stupid question... new player here. Can we bring pvp gear to hard modes?

siyuandai
09.17.2012 , 04:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by marqul View Post
Sorry if this is sort of a stupid question... new player here. Can we bring pvp gear to hard modes?
Nothing is stopping you from bringing PvP gear to a HM raid, but if I'm leading the raid you will be the first person I drop
<Emperor's Hammer>
Ezria (Darkness Assassin) - Guild Officer
Server: Jedi Covenant