Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consular class story

Uluain
09.12.2012 , 05:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Advent View Post
I am told that playing a LS consular is rewarding for people who invest themselves in the deeper Jedi lore.
Yes.

If you want to play a DS Jedi that makes sense, play a Sith.

Malles
09.12.2012 , 02:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
Please tell me it gets better.

*spoiler alert*

Spoiler

Please assure me that it's worth sticking with it until the end.
Aw. I liked the Tattooine Jedi. I forget the proper name of his job, but he was the guy that studied different cultures by living and working with them for years. Gave me a nice RP idea for my Shadow and Sentinel.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Kaisernick
09.12.2012 , 03:14 PM | #13
i have to admit chapter 1 was meh and chapter 2 just doesnt make sence.
Spoiler

GavinPatterson
09.13.2012 , 09:27 PM | #14
i'm going to tell you something you most won't likely want to hear....
large task - go gather/impress allies ( or a technology) to help wage war - wage war....its kinda been done in dragon age 1 and its kinda how kotor 1 and two went....its kidna the same here
Jedi Master and Consular

Mercurial_Harpy
09.14.2012 , 02:28 PM | #15
So...I'm leveling a LS Trooper and my Guild Leader on Empire Side is leveling a Dark Consular. We're nearing the end of Ch 1 on Alderaan.

After leveling 3 toons on Empire (and looking at the videos of the class story), I can say without reservation, that the Consular Story is such a terrible snooze fest that I exit all of his cut scenes. I can't hit "exit" quick enough. Worse yet, the DS Consular conversation choices are more cringe-worthy than anything the cartoonishly evil Inquisitor can select. I mean, the Inquisitor story after Ch 1 is a hot mess (multiple other threads on this point), but at least the conversations had me laughing pretty much non stop. Yes, you are Gargamel-crazy evil, and that's hilarious (see: "My Sith is a Jerk" on You Tube, Parts 1-8). But the DS Consular choices don't seem to make a whole lot of sense, and the Voice Actor doesn't even seem to try to make the DS choices sound credible. Just my opinion; some people really dig the story.

The upside is, everyone I've talked to who plays a Shadow really enjoys it at endgame. So, I suppose you can try pvp leveling and just wait until the last possible moment to finish class stories. I deleted my JC at lvl 14 to make room, and don't regret it. Enjoying the Trooper story so far.
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

Loopy
09.15.2012 , 07:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial_Harpy View Post

The upside is, everyone I've talked to who plays a Shadow really enjoys it at endgame. So, I suppose you can try pvp leveling and just wait until the last possible moment to finish class stories. I deleted my JC at lvl 14 to make room, and don't regret it. Enjoying the Trooper story so far.
That's basically what's keeping me playing my shadow. It an extremely fun class to play. I got to Quesh and i can already see that it's gonna be the same old same old. Oh well, at least the Sith Inquisitor story seems to be pretty interesting in Ch.1

Mdgshorty
09.15.2012 , 07:07 PM | #17
I may be the exception to the rule here, but I really loved the consular storyline. I like how it ended.
Alexandreah - Sage | Sparkala - Scoundrel (Old Timers Guild - The Shadowlands)

Slowpokeking
09.15.2012 , 07:11 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial_Harpy View Post
So...I'm leveling a LS Trooper and my Guild Leader on Empire Side is leveling a Dark Consular. We're nearing the end of Ch 1 on Alderaan.

After leveling 3 toons on Empire (and looking at the videos of the class story), I can say without reservation, that the Consular Story is such a terrible snooze fest that I exit all of his cut scenes. I can't hit "exit" quick enough. Worse yet, the DS Consular conversation choices are more cringe-worthy than anything the cartoonishly evil Inquisitor can select. I mean, the Inquisitor story after Ch 1 is a hot mess (multiple other threads on this point), but at least the conversations had me laughing pretty much non stop. Yes, you are Gargamel-crazy evil, and that's hilarious (see: "My Sith is a Jerk" on You Tube, Parts 1-8). But the DS Consular choices don't seem to make a whole lot of sense, and the Voice Actor doesn't even seem to try to make the DS choices sound credible. Just my opinion; some people really dig the story.

It's that bad as DS JC?

However I think most of the Inquisitor's dark side choices make sense while the story is not impressing, I didn't really kill many people but still went quite high and got the title of Nox.

Slowpokeking
09.15.2012 , 07:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
That's basically what's keeping me playing my shadow. It an extremely fun class to play. I got to Quesh and i can already see that it's gonna be the same old same old. Oh well, at least the Sith Inquisitor story seems to be pretty interesting in Ch.1
I think chapter 2 is the best part of SI's story. At least you manipulate, avenge and settle deal with ghosts.

Mercurial_Harpy
09.16.2012 , 10:46 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It's that bad as DS JC?
Again, opinion only. My favorite story hands down was the Imperial Agent, and that's the polar opposite of the JC. But from I've seen, yeah it's pretty terrible.

Last night my GL and I finished our class quests on Alderaan (the following is a minor spoiler at the end of JC quest CH 1, read at your own risk)...

Spoiler

Your mileage may vary. As I said before, some people dig the story. And you will own in PvP later. So don't sweat it too much
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~