Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for ideas on how to overcome extreme PvP imbalance on RP server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Looking for ideas on how to overcome extreme PvP imbalance on RP server

AcidicAmber
09.08.2012 , 01:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
No, certainly not. Ebon Hawk has the same problem, but it's the Republic premades who are trolling the normal queue. We used to have some pretty healthy PvP on our server, but it's dwindled down to the point where there are only about 4 hardcore PvP guilds left.

Half the problem is that I see more and more Imp players queueing up in PvE gear, which only adds to the roflstomping.
Depends what time you q up sometimes (on Ebon Hawke), usually will find 1-3 players in a Republic group with no expertise which makes it even tough for a good pre to carry at times. It's really about the same on both sides as far as gimps who refuse to wear the recruit gear.. I'd say the Republc wins more often then the Empire but it's not a slaughterfest and the Imp's have a few solid teams as well like Hex, Brok Chains, also seen Silent Council been improving as of late and Guerilla and Empire can be good at times as well.. so I don't think Ebon Hawke has a horrible imbalance

paul_preib
09.08.2012 , 01:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AcidicAmber View Post
Depends what time you q up sometimes (on Ebon Hawke), usually will find 1-3 players in a Republic group with no expertise which makes it even tough for a good pre to carry at times. It's really about the same on both sides as far as gimps who refuse to wear the recruit gear.. I'd say the Republc wins more often then the Empire but it's not a slaughterfest and the Imp's have a few solid teams as well like Hex, Brok Chains, also seen Silent Council been improving as of late and Guerilla and Empire can be good at times as well.. so I don't think Ebon Hawke has a horrible imbalance
I'd say it depends. Hadn't really given it much thought until I started trying to knock out the daily with a character on each faction, but...

With one premade on each side matches are pretty even, and pure pug (i.e. no more then two people on a team queued together) fairly even as well. The big difference is I think that those Republic groups that queue together tend to do so with a far greater frequency at this point.

Because of this I'd say it takes 30-50% fewer matches before I finish the weekly Rep. side compared to imp. Not biggie, just a surprising observation when back on Shien it was about the same ratio the opposite way.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Lia_Kikar
09.09.2012 , 10:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Theshadowbehind View Post
Your on the The Progenitor? If so they closed the European Rp-PVP servers and the players there could choose between the progenitor (RP-PVE) and the Tomb of Freedom Nadd (PVP).
True is there are few guilds from RP-PVP server on Progenitor but it is not that bad.

To JattaGin:
All I can say is to never give up. PUGs can be horrible but as soon as you get your comms, it is OK. Grind and grind and you will be equal one day. It will just take longer. Republic gets stronger every warzone.

The Progenitor republic PVP guilds are gone? No problem. We know each other so well that we are premade almost every time. All we miss is communication but if this is the problem then I can say (if you belong to Progenitor server) join us on Teamspeak/Ventrilo.

krarom
09.09.2012 , 10:51 AM | #14
Hi!

Sad to hear.
I know its not funny but it might be worth to roll a new char on another server, sometimes its really funny to try out a new char and find out all new tricks can be funny. Ofc try chose server that is balanced, on our server red eclipse(pve, with short ques for pvp both 10-49 and 50 so getting gear goes fast) somedays imps win and somedays reps. I hate leveling myself, but was so tired of my sorc so the fun with my new char made it worth .

Hope u can find the fun again

best regards
kraroc

ingenuityfails
09.10.2012 , 06:21 PM | #15
Currently playing on the Gav Daragon (PvE-RP Asia/Pacific), and a few months ago we had this problem too. Because 60% of the imperial side was in one giant guild and 30% were split up into others.

We conquered it primarily by having a few guilds rep-side that actually took off. When the imps were around we endured the beating, someimes we got 2 4-mans of the guys with the best gear and skills to fight back and won some matches, and when they weren't around we did repvrep or rolled the imp pug groups that showed up. Eventually, instead of having a few people in WH there were enough to fill multiple ops groups.

Secondly, eventually we actually communicated with them. You can have multiple alts, jump over impside, join one of these guilds, play with them for a while and talk to them. Get them to see your side of it and realise they're taking the fun out of PvP. It's a lot easier to enjoy tearing people apart when you don't know them.

That was maybe 3 months ago. Now, we're on equal terms. If they field one of their best teams, they'll roll our pugs. In return, our best teams queue up and give them what for. And vice versa.

Just because you're on opposing sides doesn't mean you have to be enemies. Especially with cross-server coming in. Of course, if they're just ***-hats, well, there's no cure for that. Persistence is key, but there are other servers.
Mydian - "'Light' and 'Dark' are words. Nothing more."

Leiralei
09.10.2012 , 09:34 PM | #16
The other ideas I've seen are to have recruit gear nights, especially good for weekend evenings, that way it evens the playing field down to skill vs skill on those nights. Go for 2-3 hours. Gotta get everyone on the same page about it but could be fun.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.