Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Single player content

LogicalPremise
08.23.2012 , 08:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Reading all this, makes me a bit disappointed.
So, if i have never played any MMO and only completed the class mission to level 50, upgrading the armor and other stats wherever possible (as the game allowed - rather normal for RPG) , I understand that no one would ever be interested in playing with me, because I'm "undergeared". What a.....

Then, again, how am i supposed to even start playing the MMO content if I cannot, because the MMO players would reject me?
IF the game is for everyone, there must be a way to be able to play MMO parts being the beginner.
i do not think there are people ALREADY "geared" to MMO at the MMO content beginning...

Or i misunderstand the concept completely...?
You assume everyone is worried about players being undergeared -- I have no problems helping people get geared up and it's the only reason I still endure PUG's.

If you listen, learn the FP/ops, and do your dailies no one will reject you.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

Khevar
08.23.2012 , 09:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Reading all this, makes me a bit disappointed.
So, if i have never played any MMO and only completed the class mission to level 50, upgrading the armor and other stats wherever possible (as the game allowed - rather normal for RPG) , I understand that no one would ever be interested in playing with me, because I'm "undergeared". What a.....

Then, again, how am i supposed to even start playing the MMO content if I cannot, because the MMO players would reject me?
IF the game is for everyone, there must be a way to be able to play MMO parts being the beginner.
i do not think there are people ALREADY "geared" to MMO at the MMO content beginning...

Or i misunderstand the concept completely...?
When my first toon hit 50, I used the group finder to queue for story mode level 50 flashpoints. This helps give you a feel for working with a team to conquer content, and it also gives you some decent gear (Tionese). You can also do the daily missions on Belsavis, Ilum and Black Hole, which will get you commendations to buy better gear.

Optionally, the Recruit PvP vendor will provide free (as of 1.3) replacements for your worst pieces of gear. It is easy to get PvE gear from dailies and story mode flashpoints, so it really isn't needed to get a FULL set of recruit pvp gear, but you can shortcut the gearing process by replacing your worst gear right away.

This will get you into Hard Mode Flashpoints and to Columi.

The fastest approach to doing this process is with friends or with a guild, but you can also use the group finder and meet new people. Some may turn their nose at newer players, but there are plenty that will help you out, give you tips, etc. Most encounters in end game rely more on player skill, coordination, and strategy than in having super gear.

I wish you luck -- as someone who bought TOR only for the single player experience, I've discovered I really enjoy grouping with others and doing HM FPs and Ops. When I'm with a good group of people I actually have more fun doing end game than I did with the solo content, which really surprised me.

Karasuko
08.23.2012 , 11:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_craig View Post
Good day,

is there any plan to EVER introduce to higher level single player content??
If i have to deal with another 30 minute group finder, only to have the tank/healer rage quit, i am going to lose my mind!
The group finder is so biased against DPS that we get a totally raw deal.
WHY do you think so many people play Diablo? you can play solo or grouped and not feel like you are dependent upon someone else for your support system.
Some of us will NEVER see ourselves throuh levels like Denova, and something like Terror for Beyond is basically a pipe dream for me.
I dont think I will ever even get campaign gear because my guild is to weak (casual players) and the publiic groups are all elitists that will not invite someone without the very best of gear already!

So tell me, how am i supposed to accomplish anything without gear - i cant get gear without being able to accomplish anything!

Maybe I should go to diablo - they at least cater to the solo player in all of us...
not asking for much, just throw us a bone, so we dont have to rely on a group to carry us forward!
there are tons and tons of us out there who would welcome this,

good day
Out of your diatribe i took the following things.
-You havent done dailies for armourings,relics,implants and earpieces.
-You will not able to or are unable to fufill a meaningful role in the LFG to shorten your queue times till you gear up.
-You're in a guild with people who don't have the same goals as you do.
-You are playing a MMORPG and feel the need to clear group content solo
-This game should be diablo.
-The groupfinder is against you.

I don't use the LFG very much, I rarely have to but on occasions I don't have any guildies on and am looking for time to kill. My queue times on a low pop server are about 1 hour as dps, 10 mins as heals.Its not the LFG's fault, its the players that don't want to roll tanks and heals that are the issue.

There is alot of gear out there for the solo player. You cna have full epic mmodded gear with BiS relics,close to BiS implants and earpieces from dailies. Thats all solo player content for you there.You can also craft close to BiS wrists and belt aswell. You can buy BiS armourings from the GTN, same with mods and enhancements.

You want a solo player game hey thats cool I can udnerstand where you are coming from. But i have to say this is the wrong place for it, Go play D3 if you want a solo or mixed experience. Not TOR.

Now this is where i get confused, You want to do denova and are keen to get into TFB. But thats GROUP content.
You don't want group content you want D3. You can have one or the other, especially since EA have announced that the next few releases will be GROUP focused.

The simplest thing for you to do is to join a guild with similar goals as yours. It removes the queue time, makes getting raid content get done faster than trying to pug (most of the time)

bahdasz
08.24.2012 , 03:45 AM | #24
I like running lower level flash points and heroics solo... makes me feel all powerful and stuff.