Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode/ Nightmare mode Lockouts

Xerif
08.14.2012 , 05:36 PM | #1
As a guild, we are trying to gear up a third raid group, but this is tough with shared lockouts. Why are hard and nightmare lockouts shared? ESPECIALLY on KP where the objectives for the run can be so different.

Are there plans to split the lockouts? If yes, for the love of Bhudda, when?! If not, why not?

Thank you.

Brittaany_Banks
08.14.2012 , 06:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerif View Post
As a guild, we are trying to gear up a third raid group, but this is tough with shared lockouts. Why are hard and nightmare lockouts shared? ESPECIALLY on KP where the objectives for the run can be so different.

Are there plans to split the lockouts? If yes, for the love of Bhudda, when?! If not, why not?

Thank you.
Because the rewards for both HM, and NiM are the same, Rakata.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Chaqen
08.14.2012 , 06:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
Because the rewards for both HM, and NiM are the same, Rakata.
Not completely true. NiM KP awards what 12 BH comms if you do all of the bosses? So some run it just for comms, while it is true that some that do run nim need the gear, but usually the majority of the raid wont.

Fossman
08.15.2012 , 02:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
Not completely true. NiM KP awards what 12 BH comms if you do all of the bosses? So some run it just for comms, while it is true that some that do run nim need the gear, but usually the majority of the raid wont.
Still same gear rewards. Would make gearing go faster. BW sees that as a bad thing. The longer it takes you to gear out a toon the longer you stay subbed. So I HIGHLY doubt you will ever see NiM and HM on separate locks

alifaraaz
08.15.2012 , 04:41 AM | #5
I would imagine, or hope even, that they will change it in future when Nightmare mode gets revamped to have its own seperate tier of loot and additional mechanics.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

CarneyBravo
08.15.2012 , 06:29 AM | #6
I too would like to see some kind of way around the lockouts but only for the purposes of gearing up or teaching guildies.

As a well geared player with nothing to gain from running EV or KP, I'd appreciate an option to either run the instance with no looting capability, or be allowed entry into the instance as a coach to walk alongside the team to advise newbs on positioning, mechanics, ect.

Atramar
08.15.2012 , 06:37 AM | #7
There is a solution. Well, walk around.
Alts.