Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best "Lore" Race for a class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best "Lore" Race for a class?

Noobishlord
08.14.2012 , 08:07 PM | #1
I saw this on the GameFAQs Board, and thought I'd bring it over here. So, in your honest opinion, which BASE race do you think fits the class the best?

Jedi Knight - Human ("Basic" Class, "Basic" Race)
Jedi Consular - Miralukan (Force seeing race)
Trooper - Zabrak (Tough, stubborn, resilient race, perfect trooper material)
Smuggler - Human (Han Solo, eat your heart out.)

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood (Any explanation needed here?)
Sith Inquisitor - Human (A human planet taken over is quite logical. A lot of in-game slaves are human.)
Bounty Hunter - Cyborg (Something about a cybernetically enhanced human just makes sense.)
Imperial Agent - Chiss (They just seem to fit the class and story the best.)

Your turn now. Feel free to disagree with me. This is a PERSONAL choice, after all.
Swooping is bad... unless you are the swooper.

BlznSmri
08.14.2012 , 08:34 PM | #2
Jedi Knight - Mirialan/ Zabrak
Jedi Consular - Miraluka/ Twi'lek
Trooper - Human/ Cyborg
Smuggler - Human
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Hambunctious
08.14.2012 , 09:26 PM | #3
Jedi Knight - Human
Jedi Consular - Any default republic race excluding cyborg
Trooper - Human/Zabrak/Cyborg
Smuggler - Human/Cyborg (Just because of the voice acting.) My rattataki looks good, but doesn't fit the voice.

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood/Zabrak (Darth Maul was no inquisitor shadow lightning jockey)
Sith Inquisitor - Female, yes I said it. Nearly any race, but would prefer Rattataki/Zabrak
Bounty Hunter - Cyborg /Rattataki
Imperial Agent - Chiss (You'd think they would stick out too much for an agent. Though I think they designed the class with them in mind.)

Raltar
08.14.2012 , 11:32 PM | #4
Jedi Knight: Human
Jedi Consular: Miraluka
Trooper: Human or Cyborg
Smuggler: Human

Sith Warrior: Pureblood
Sith Inquisitor: Anything other than human or pureblood
Bounty Hunter: Human or Cyborg
Imperial Agent: Chiss

Ruction
08.15.2012 , 04:30 AM | #5
Jedi Knight - Miralukan (I see Jedi Knights AND Consulars as perfect for the Miralukans. They have no eyes, they SEE with the force. That alone just makes them amazing imo for Jedi lore.)
Jedi Consular - Miralukan (See Above)
Smuggler - Human (Humans seem like the only race normal enough for this class.)
Trooper - Zabrak/Rattataki (Zabrak/Rattataki are all about combat, valor, and resilience. They fit trooper perfectly to me.)

Bounty Hunter - Cyborg (It just feels right. A Bounty Hunter that is cybernetically enhanced to be the perfect hunter.)
Imperial Agent - Chiss/Human (Either or for this one, they both fit into Imperial Intelligence quite nicely and I have one of each.)
Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood (Being a Sith Warrior is all about coming from a long line of nobility. Obvious.)
Sith Inquisitor - Human or Twi'lek. My mental image is usually of a female as well.
The Pariah Legacy
Egypt - Imperial Sniper - The Bastion
I am the punishment of God. Had you not commited great sins, God would not have sent a Punishment like me upon you.

TKMaster
08.15.2012 , 05:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Noobishlord View Post
I saw this on the GameFAQs Board, and thought I'd bring it over here. So, in your honest opinion, which BASE race do you think fits the class the best?

Jedi Knight - Human ("Basic" Class, "Basic" Race)
Jedi Consular - Miralukan (Force seeing race)
Trooper - Zabrak (Tough, stubborn, resilient race, perfect trooper material)
Smuggler - Human (Han Solo, eat your heart out.)

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood (Any explanation needed here?)
Sith Inquisitor - Human (A human planet taken over is quite logical. A lot of in-game slaves are human.)
Bounty Hunter - Cyborg (Something about a cybernetically enhanced human just makes sense.)
Imperial Agent - Chiss (They just seem to fit the class and story the best.)

Your turn now. Feel free to disagree with me. This is a PERSONAL choice, after all.
Spot on except for SI, i thin Rattataki is more fitting.

Quething
08.15.2012 , 12:59 PM | #7
Knight: Human or Miraluka, but I also think Zabrak fits pretty well (Knight is the most fitting Zabrak Jedi, anyway, even if Zabrak's not the most fitting Knight).
Consular: Miraluka or Mirialan, the Force-centric races.
Trooper: I agree Zabrak is best here.
Smuggler: Twi'lek. No, really. Especially female. It's a perfect template for an escaped slave or unscrupulous playboy, and when you make your whole living on being overlooked or underestimated it helps a lot to be a species everyone looks down on.

Warrior: Zabrak or Sith. Zabrak's a bit of a stretch with the bloodline thing, but they're accorded higher respect in the Empire than other aliens at least, and of course, there's Maul to consider.
Inquisitor: I think Rattataki works best here, but anything other than Human/Zabrak/Sith/Cyborg/Chiss fits; bringing over a Mirialan or Miraluka via Legacy makes for a good story.
Bounty Hunter: Human or Cyborg, though Zabrak works too. Chiss seem too... orderly, and it seems like there's too much prejudice for any of the other races to make a good living in the Empire in a freelance job.
Operative: Human or Chiss. Human makes more sense but the class concept is clearly drawn from Thrawn, so much like the Zabrak Warrior there's a lore-based exemption.

... huh. Zabrak gets around, eh? And I don't even like them much in this game. (The tattoos are just sad, especially pub side.)

bbare
08.15.2012 , 01:30 PM | #8
I say the miralukan sniper is the best race/class combination.
The Vanity Legacy

BlazingShadow
08.16.2012 , 06:18 PM | #9
BH- Zabrak; tough, resilient, brave enough to take on a jedi 1v1
Warrior- Pureblood. period.
Inquisitor- Twi'lek, a commonly enslaved race for their beauty, so possible descendant of Tulak horde if an ancestor was a combine to their master
Agent- Chiss. The Hoth storyline makes more sense with Chiss

bobmcbo
08.20.2012 , 06:00 PM | #10
Jedi Knight - Human (basic, like you said)
Jedi Consular - Miralukan (Force seeing race- like you said)
Trooper - Zabrak (Tough, stubborn, resilient race, perfect trooper material- like you said)
Smuggler - nothing seems to fit it, really

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood (DURRRRRRR)
Sith Inquisitor - Rattataki (Believe it or not, it fits lore and the story PERFECTLY)
Bounty Hunter - again an oddball- I would say Rattataki, Zabrak, or Cyborg
Imperial Agent - Chiss (Everything about them screams imperial intelligence)
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!