Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is vengeance viable for rated pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
is vengeance viable for rated pvp?

TwistedTony
08.14.2012 , 06:03 PM | #1
i've heard some people say its great and others say its garbage. I've used it all the way up to full battlemaster gear and i enjoy it. Is it viable for rated warzones tho or am i gonna have to respec to rage to have any shot at getting in a group?
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

WrykilX
08.14.2012 , 06:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedTony View Post
i've heard some people say its great and others say its garbage. I've used it all the way up to full battlemaster gear and i enjoy it. Is it viable for rated warzones tho or am i gonna have to respec to rage to have any shot at getting in a group?
There was a discussion about this on the Juggernaut forums. I'll just copy and paste the summary of the discussion.

"There are two types of ranked/rated Juggs/Guardians. Rage for support AE DPS/Single Target burst and Immortal/Vengeance Hybrid for Tanking.

That's it folks.

If you want to play anything else, your team should quickly replace you with a Mara or Pyro and exile your lackluster spec back to pugland.

It's pretty cut and dry. "

The short answer is no.

Cappadin
08.14.2012 , 06:37 PM | #3
Yes if you play it well. Only thing vig.def hybrid has over full vigilance is 6% defense chance and a 10 second 40% damage reduction every 3 minutes. Imo its not worth it as it turns your rotation into a clunky mess and not having shie n stance greatly reduces your ability to do damage when it counts. With proper stance dancing full vigilance is leagues ahead of vig.def hybrid.