Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP lag - enough is enough

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP lag - enough is enough

statistx
04.08.2012 , 06:18 AM | #11
I have a 100 MBit glassfiber broadband connection and still got a lot of lag in warzones, while anything non warzone related runs constantly smooth.

It is not always, but in about 8 out of 10 games it is pretty high (though not to the extend that i get kicked for afk).

I don't really play that much PvP, so it's not a big deal for me, but i see where the OP is coming from

Hadoukin
08.14.2012 , 01:52 AM | #12
I was on a dual core 8500gt, fibre optic broadband, low settingsI could play the game but pvp would hang and dc. So it is clear that pvp is more challenging than the game for a pc. So I upgraded to a gtx 460, AMD quad core. Now I get lag in pvp even on low settings. I also play BF3 which is fine. There is bioware post which suggests deleting the arena cache file, I will do that , but today pvp has lag.

MikeCoop
08.14.2012 , 01:11 PM | #13
I have had to stop playing PVP on melee char cos the lag is so bad

I deleted the arena cache file and it did nothing

UGLYMRJ
08.14.2012 , 01:15 PM | #14
I only lag in EV and that was before I cooled my system down some. No lag at all now. I would suspect the issue is in your system or connection to the internets. Shortly after 1.3 I had some PvP lag and I know a lot of people did too. After one of the recent patches I've gotten no more than a spike here and there that I know EVERYONE got, but its been pretty minimal. May happen once out of 20 WZ's.

Sounds like the problem is yours to fix.