Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.

redsovereign
08.12.2012 , 06:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
If Sent/Mara are rock, then Agent is paper. If they catch a Sent out of stealth and stun them, they are going to die 90% of the time.

Sents are not invicible, just learn to play your class better.
Agents have their fun stunlocking going. I agree with most that you say but since PVP is competitive you have to compare SWTORS PVP to other PVP MMORPG titles and if you compare them, yes SWTOR's PVP need serious work and rethinking
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

redsovereign
08.12.2012 , 06:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNoRubber View Post
The only thing wrong is the 99% shield lasting about half or more of the time a 1v1 takes place. I am a sniper, i also play a smuggler, n a few other classes, agents do well against marauders. Most classes seem to have a counter class. If your a good player you can overcome. This game is one of the most balanced games ive ever played.

The reason people complain so much is usually because they are the players that only pvp and thats all they do, if thats all i did, i wouldve quit this game along time ago, your only playing 25% of this game,.
Mara/sents is PVP classes, they are not that good in PVE mate. Melee dps have always been a weak link in MMORPG and the whole strenght of MARA/Sents lies with PVP. They are just like how Assassins was in GW, pretty mediocre in PVE because they were meant for 1v1 DPS stacking situations in PVP

Also when you get to 50 PVP is pretty much the only thing you can do and when you have played through the game once it's far more fun to level through PVP/Space missions then doing the same sidequests over again. SWTORS problem is that there is not that you go through the same areas each playthrough but that there is too few sidequests.
If they wanted that ppl should do alting then they should have had skipped all VO ffor sidequests and made several sidequests hubs on each planets so you never had to do the same sidequest more then once if you wanted to.

VO for the class stories are awesome but for the sidequests it's pointless.
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

ZudetGambeous
08.12.2012 , 06:27 AM | #13
WoW so many Mara's/Sent's in this thread...

Which is to be expected I guess since 90% of PvP players are now Mara's/Sent's
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Wodaz
08.12.2012 , 06:32 AM | #14
If Sent/Mara are rock, then Agent is paper. If they catch a Sent out of stealth and stun them, they are going to die 90% of the time.

^^^Agreed

Sents/Marauders worst nightmares are agents and smugs that know how to play their class.

MrNoRubber
08.12.2012 , 06:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by redsovereign View Post
Mara/sents is PVP classes, they are not that good in PVE mate. Melee dps have always been a weak link in MMORPG and the whole strenght of MARA/Sents lies with PVP. They are just like how Assassins was in GW, pretty mediocre in PVE because they were meant for 1v1 DPS stacking situations in PVP

Also when you get to 50 PVP is pretty much the only thing you can do and when you have played through the game once it's far more fun to level through PVP/Space missions then doing the same sidequests over again. SWTORS problem is that there is not that you go through the same areas each playthrough but that there is too few sidequests.
If they wanted that ppl should do alting then they should have had skipped all VO ffor sidequests and made several sidequests hubs on each planets so you never had to do the same sidequest more then once if you wanted to.

VO for the class stories are awesome but for the sidequests it's pointless.
what game are you playing? Mar/Sent is one of top dps class in all dps parsers in operation bosses. and saying pvp is all u can do at 50 u must not raid or pve do u. master HM EC yet? thot not.

Siorac
08.12.2012 , 08:38 AM | #16

There are, at best, two classes that can reliably counter the Marauder/Sentinel: Snipers/Gunslingers are perfect for it with Leg Shot, knockback, stun, flash grenade etc., and the 23/1/17 hybrid Assassins/Shadows who have the damage and the survivability and the control to cope with them. If they play their class really, really well.

Concealment Operatives have nothing on Sentinels. Knockdown for 1.5s out of stealth, stun after that; Sentinel uses stun breaker and then wrecks the Operative's face in seconds.

Goretzu
08.12.2012 , 12:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
WoW so many Mara's/Sent's in this thread...

Which is to be expected I guess since 90% of PvP players are now Mara's/Sent's

100% of OPvP gankers are Mara/Sents (it seems ).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

RyanRhino
08.12.2012 , 12:23 PM | #18
yea but having two lightsabers looks gai . I'd rather look good and lose, than look bad and win

Andryah
08.12.2012 , 01:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
Sents may be easier to play in PVP but horrible in PVE because of clueless posts like these. SWTOR is first and foremost a PVE game. If you want PVP, can I humbly suggest you unsub and try Terra?
Yep.

And to add to that, don't PvP 1v1 and then come complain about it on the forums. If you simply must do so, then do so in the PvP forum. This thread has no business in general forum.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

PunisherAS
08.12.2012 , 01:08 PM | #20
INCORRECT IN SAYING MARAUDERS ARE TERRILBLE IN PVE.

Our 16 man operations 3/4 of our Marauders are ALWAYS on top of DPS charts.
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations