Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The gamer from heaven

Tatile
07.30.2012 , 03:40 PM | #11
Tonight I was going to be running Explosive Conflict Hard Mode with the guild, but two of our tanks had IRL problems and the third, well, he just flat out disappeared. We were a bit stuck, five minutes after start time and no tanks

So, a contact a tank on my Friends list - she says she'd love to, but she hasn't got the gear or experience to try Denova at that level, but she does refer to another tank. The other tank happens to be a guy who I've run with before, so I'm quite pleased He says he'd love to come, if he can bring along a healer and a DPS. Oh noes, thinks I, we're only missing two tanks. I don't want to prevent everyone from going, so I volunteer to drop for the third healer and my husband volunteers to drop for the DPS.

Meanwhile one of my guildies has spotted a lone tank on the Fleet. Hurray, says I, you pester that lone tank. This lone tank says yes, so we end up with two tanks and an extra healer milling around the raid frames. The extra DPS wasn't as keen on Denova as he'd first let on, so my husband gets to stay on for the raid.

They downed Toth and Zorn tonight, the first time ever

So yes, Gamers from Heaven, right there.

Kalabakk
07.30.2012 , 06:17 PM | #12
Generically speaking, the gamer for heaven is the one who is polite and courteous. It's so refreshing to find people who wait their turn for objectives or simply ask if you are waiting on something. Random buffs and heals also make me smile.

As far as groups go, it's the people who are patient and don't treat the game like someone is going to die in real life if somebody does something wrong. They'll politely tell people if something was done wrong and explain the preferred way to do it. On the flip side of that, it's the person who doesn't take criticism personally, but tries to learn and does his or her best to follow directions.

The gamer from heaven realizes that nobody is perfect (including themselves) and is mainly interesting in having fun, which is the point of a game, after all.

wleighton
07.31.2012 , 10:13 AM | #13
Almost every time I run in the finder I have a great time. A few of them resulted in me recruiting the people I met into my guild, who are now part of our raid group. Always awesome meeting new people and enjoying the game together. I love how the finder only looks in the server you're on, makes it easier to meet people worth a /friend or a guild invite. Hope they keep it like this for good, awesome way to build up the community!
"Sleep my friend and you will see dream is my reality" - James Hetfeild.

www.nobodythere.ca
Commissions start at $50.00!