Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Credit Tips?

iTryHard
07.29.2012 , 06:22 PM | #1
So I've had Artifice on my main at 400 for a while, have the level 50 +41 crit magenta schematic, as well as the +33 power 49 magenta schematic, AND I have the level 31 +?crit, besides that I just have standard stuff. I want to know, is there anything profitable about artifice at all?
Before 1.3 augmented sabers sold like candy, and now? Why buy an aug saber when you can't even use it for your augments (I'm talking about the L20 one). What I"m wondering, is WOULD it be profitable to augment the level 50 saber? It seems to have a lot of mats and as it takes forever to crit craft an item, would the cost of mats outweight the money made?
Onto crystals, a couple months ago, level 50 crystals sold for over 100k a lot of the time, now they're as low as 40K!!! I simply can't justify spending the money for Corusca Gems and the other mats to make them when I'm earning what... 20k? (Maybe I'm overreacting, someone might know more about the crystal trade). Now, some of you may ask, why not sell those fancy schmancy magenta crystals? Well for starters, nobody is going to buy the 49 crystal since they're almost 50. The level 31 one I was selling for about 100k a pop, then I started getting undercutters, and the price dropped to 60k, then back up to 70k, the market for them seems bloated now whereas before I was the only one selling them. The level 50 ones are not worth selling either, BECAUSE the population of The Fatman have decided that 200k is a good price for them... Seeing as it's incredibly time consuming to get the Magenta Adegan Crystal (and requires at least a 3 person group) and THEN you have to go to Alderaan to wait for 2 of the Rough Magenta Shards to respawn, then grab them, THEN go to Tython/Korriban to refine them into the Pristine Adegan Crystals? Bah, it takes forever and it's not worth the 200k that it may sell for.
Relics, are BoP, nuff said.
Ok /endrant, just looking for some advice to make money, since right now I'm pretty credit starved =[
P.S. Not going to reroll since I spent 500k on the Magenta 50 schematic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmasterr
lol no. I have single handedly been responsible for more wins than any other player on their own in the team.Me in the team is a big bonus.
invalid excuse
Not arrogant ^ =D

epicfear
07.29.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2
It depends on your server population.

My offhands sell like hotcakes, and my handles are only on the market for a short time before someone buys them.

additionally, Enhancements go for alot very, very fast if you know which ones are in highest demand.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

iTryHard
07.29.2012 , 06:32 PM | #3
Hm, what server are you from? Also, what rarity of hilts do you sell? And, this might be embarassing, but I didn't even know we could craft offhand sabers haha, maybe I'll go sell some of those, should I try to augment em? I'll also go GTN snooping to see what Enhancements are selling, and which ones are lacking, I'm thinking probably the +power ones are going to be hotter than say.... +absorb or something.... Anyways, sorry for all the questions, I just want to have a useful crew skill =/
lol no. I have single handedly been responsible for more wins than any other player on their own in the team.Me in the team is a big bonus.
invalid excuse
Not arrogant ^ =D

iTryHard
07.29.2012 , 06:33 PM | #4
Also, forgot to ask, what level, item level, and rarity of enhancements do you like to sell? I'm curious as to where I can get the schematic for the _______ Enhancement 26?
invalid excuse
Not arrogant ^ =D

epicfear
07.29.2012 , 06:43 PM | #5
There are no offhand sabers, but sheilds, generators, and focuses can be made by artifice, (and i think only with artifice) and those are in high demand. Mostly the offensive based ones sell faster, and can go fluctuate in price more, because the ratio of dps to healer or tank players, not to mention players who want to gear their companions for dailies or levelling.

I happen to be on drooga's pleasure barge, which is a destination server for transfers, so that may have something to do with it.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

iTryHard
07.29.2012 , 06:48 PM | #6
What level is the stuff you're selling? Are you going for blues or purples? Haha, you seem experienced =]
invalid excuse
Not arrogant ^ =D

epicfear
07.29.2012 , 06:53 PM | #7
Purples rarely get sold, considering no one wants to spend that kind of money for something they will outlevel on the next planet anyway.

Blues, mostly, are relatively good investments on my server, but it is really dependent on the server you are on. Greens, too, if there are relatively few on the market, as people mostly get those for orange gear on companions, which is rare, so They are mostly there to RE, or sell to a vendor if the market is having a slow couple of days.

iTryHard
07.29.2012 , 06:55 PM | #8
hmmmm, ok, thanks for the advice... about those enhancements, are they the blue kind as well?
invalid excuse
Not arrogant ^ =D

Wizard_Thoarin
07.29.2012 , 09:12 PM | #9
Below level 40 enhancements sell really well on The Harbinger. I have slowly increased my markup on Enhancements from 5X the basic GTN cost to now 15 times the basic GTN cost and they usually sell in 24 to 48 hours. I usually stick with the enhancements that give a critical bonus and I only sell prototype or blue enhancements. Anyway, my artificer has generated the most wealth for me and I don't even bother with the other stuff unless I see someone crying for it in chat or else I need something for one of my alts. My synthweaver and armormech are lucky if they get a 5X markup over basic GTN prices, Cybertech does pretty good on the earpieces but Armstech seems impossible to make any decent return on and my biochem isn't high enough to do much yet.
Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid