Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual-specialization?

Matrikks
12.18.2011 , 09:04 PM | #1
I am not here to complain about whether adv class should be able to be changed or not, but to be honest, I think that is should be set in stone....once you pick an adv class, you should have to keep it. This keeps RPers happy and PVE peeps who don't want people who just switched to a tank spec at lvl 50 and has no idea what they are doing!

But my question does not relate in this, I really have not dived into the talent system yet and I am just wondering if there will be a dual-spec system? I would prefer to lvl using the deception tree but be able to go into flashpoints as darkness tank?

Thanks
~Matrikks

Sanquind
12.19.2011 , 02:09 AM | #2
My god...another 'dual spec plz?' post... Dual spec is not in the game and there is no indication of it being implemented. And to be honest, I hope they don't implement it either. Leveling as healer is perfectly fine in this game. Yes it's a tiny bit slower, but who cares that it takes you 10 seconds to kill a target rather than 7~8?

This isn't wow...stop comparing it to wow and wanting everything wow had, to be implemented here as well.

Areoss
12.19.2011 , 03:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanquind View Post
My god...another 'dual spec plz?' post... Dual spec is not in the game and there is no indication of it being implemented. And to be honest, I hope they don't implement it either. Leveling as healer is perfectly fine in this game. Yes it's a tiny bit slower, but who cares that it takes you 10 seconds to kill a target rather than 7~8?

This isn't wow...stop comparing it to wow and wanting everything wow had, to be implemented here as well.
Rage more? Take the question that was asked instead of seeing it as "WOW HAS THIS I WANT THIS IN THIS GAME"

now in response to the post....

You can respec your talents within a given advanced class. But thats as far as you can go at the moment. The developers have said they are looking at whether dual spec is needed or not, and they can only do that when the numbers are constant from live play.

It would be interesting to see this in, but I don't think there is any need for it. Except for doing PvP. Speaking as a tank my self, I don't enjoy tanking in PvP. But I do in PvE.
[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
True PvP Skills

Matrikks
12.19.2011 , 05:51 AM | #4
Thank you

And I will admit I am from WoW, and that was a comfort I liked...but I wasn't trying to say that this should be exactly like WoW. I do understand how you feel though because there are a lot of WoW fan boys in the SWTOR community right now, it is a shame

Also I believe there is nothing wrong with taking something from another game that works tbh

HoleyCrusader
12.19.2011 , 06:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Matrikks View Post
Thank you

And I will admit I am from WoW, and that was a comfort I liked...but I wasn't trying to say that this should be exactly like WoW. I do understand how you feel though because there are a lot of WoW fan boys in the SWTOR community right now, it is a shame

Also I believe there is nothing wrong with taking something from another game that works tbh
I agree with you on this one, just because it's in WoW doesn't mean that it doesn't have a place in SWTOR - good games have good mechanics.

I believe Dual Spec would be good for this game, as it will allow players to experiment with healing/tanking while leveling and thus improve in there skill. As opposed to getting to 50 and then having the rest of the party discover that the tank/healer has no clue what they are doing as they just respecced 2 min ago! Also, this would mean more tanks/healers for groups while leveling to 50...

At the moment I'm leveling as Sorc and while I would love to be able to heal in the occasional Flashpoints, I'm just not willing to gimp myself and make my life harder while questing.

Tnice
12.19.2011 , 08:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanquind View Post

Seriously is such a post really necessary? First, there is no search function on these forums and he brought up a valid point.

Plus, WoW is a very successful, mature MMORPG. WoW borrowed and invented many great features. Good companies should copy the good things about it. Not including features and functions just because they are in WoW is like saying "Since Call of Duty had guns, no new first person shooter should have guns."

Residentz
12.19.2011 , 08:53 AM | #7
In my opinion there is no need for dual spec currently. I like the fact that you can't have five different builds to worry about. There was no issue with this back when it was not implemented in wow either. Currently without it everyone should be very familiar with their current builds and the abilities they bring to the table. True that most likely can't be optimal for both pve and pvp or the healer vs dps but i can live with that

Also being healer does not gimp your solo leveling much comparing to other games as you can have your companion in dps setup.

theonepanda
12.19.2011 , 09:07 AM | #8
For those that have specc'd a lot, I wonder, is there a cap on the increase in respec price?

Dual spec allows adaptation and convenience, and the only reasons not to have it in are developer time and possible roleplay/immersion issues.

I was under the impression that it was not ruled out and actually looked favorably as an option Bioware would like to implement in the future, just not at launch.