Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HellbirdIV
07.23.2012 , 05:32 AM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Plus, where I come from "no" means "no", and no negotiation should be entered into
She's a SITH!

Zandilar
07.23.2012 , 07:16 AM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So... what I said was wrong?
No, you weren't wrong at all.

But... what was I trying to say? I am starting to get confused, which is a sure sign I've been over thinking things.

I think that that one scene is not "framework" for SGRA (as one poster put it), you know? I don't think Tivva will suddenly not say "no women" - plus the context in which it happens (talking to a SLAVE) is pretty troublesome. Since the Sith continues with a "lets negotiate" after a flat no... I know MY Sith wouldn't do it (She's Myren the Pure, after all!), though she almost certainly would take up a female non-slave's voluntary offer of sex (paid for or otherwise, I think at this point... poor Myren!).
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Asari-tears
07.23.2012 , 09:24 AM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Welcome! Hopefully you'll meet some awesome people here.

I've heard of him being described, basically, as Bruce Campbell with a kolto obsession.
lol that actually sounds pretty cool, i love bruce campbell! =D
and thank u!

Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Welcome! You've picked a good place to start. Not that I'm biased or anything. Not at all.

Yah, Kira's one of my big hopes for SGRs as well. It was really difficult for me to stop playing my JK, but I felt like I was missing out on so much by not being able to romance her with my female character.

If you've looked through the thread a bit, you might know that news on SGRs is pretty scarce, but the latest is that they're coming this year. Many of us are really hoping SGRs will be added to current companions, but we won't know until BioWare says so. Any other characters in particular you're hoping for? My other big hope is Mako; play a Bounty Hunter for, like, 10-20 minutes and you might agree.
the 2nd paragraph i totes agree with!

3rd paragraph, i'll have 2 check bounty hunter out. JK was my first class and character so i have a lot of exploring to do yet! lol

stuffystuffs
07.23.2012 , 12:55 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Slave boy was announced at the Guild Summit, so it should be in the game Soon(tm). And yes, my gorgeous Roro will be wearing it :3.
Really?

Now every time I see Kira in a slave girl outfit on the Fleet, I vow to place one of my male companions in a slave boy outfit for the sake of equality!

Which means all male companions for all my toons (Imp and Pub side) will have lovely little matching slave boy outfits in a day or so,

chuixupu
07.23.2012 , 01:02 PM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by NRVNQSR View Post
having followed a hetero relationship on my JK I think it's pretty obvious that /sex/ is DS. Every time I slept with Doc I took a massive DS hit. This stands to reason as, by KOTOR/SWTOR standards, DS is letting passion of any kind govern your actions.
It's not universal, though. My consular didn't get any dark side points for having a relationship with Nadia. And for certain in other classes, even seducing strangers were sometimes LS choices. It has to do with a number of factors about you, the person, and the situation.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Kioma
07.23.2012 , 01:26 PM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
No, you weren't wrong at all.

But... what was I trying to say? I am starting to get confused, which is a sure sign I've been over thinking things.

I think that that one scene is not "framework" for SGRA (as one poster put it), you know? I don't think Tivva will suddenly not say "no women" - plus the context in which it happens (talking to a SLAVE) is pretty troublesome. Since the Sith continues with a "lets negotiate" after a flat no... I know MY Sith wouldn't do it (She's Myren the Pure, after all!), though she almost certainly would take up a female non-slave's voluntary offer of sex (paid for or otherwise, I think at this point... poor Myren!).
I may be off-base but I think that the point being made was the 'framework' per se isn't related to Tivva accepting, nor does it even really have anything to do with Tivva. Instead I think it's related directly to the fact that the female Sith Warrior is implied (if you choose that option) to have interest in other females (which theoretically is the case irrespective of Tivva's or Vette's opinions on the matter). That implication is free of unfortunate...ness, it's simply the context it's placed within that (probably intentionally) makes it a bit wrong.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Kioma
07.23.2012 , 01:33 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
It's not universal, though. My consular didn't get any negative affection for having a relationship with Nadia. And for certain in other classes, even seducing strangers were sometimes LS choices. It has to do with a number of factors about you, the person, and the situation.
I suppose there's a need to take artistic license and world management into account. I mean if the devs approached it from a direct viewpoint of Passion = DS for everyone then they'd need to comb through every bit of dialogue and go, 'Is that passionate? DARK SIDE POINTS FOR YOU!' and everyone would be running about throwing Force Lightning at people, choking accountants and having little Sith-babies all over the place.

I'm guessing it's a contextual thing. The Force is life, but one of the primary motivators to maintaining the existence of a species is inherently Dark Side? I don't think so. I think it's more a matter of it being DS when your passion overrules your greater sense of balance, or when it sways you from a more inherently LS path (which probably still doesn't explain the no-DS-for-snogging-Nadia thing).
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Spatology
07.23.2012 , 03:56 PM | #468
Quote:
As a reminder, we previously suggested a shift in focus in your questions. As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’
I feel like they are trying to tell us something =(

Spatology
07.23.2012 , 03:57 PM | #469
sorry, that quote is from the intro to the latest Q&A

Syvach
07.23.2012 , 04:43 PM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
sorry, that quote is from the intro to the latest Q&A
Eh, that quote has been at the top of the Q&As for a long time. Looks like they first mentioned it back in the one from March 23. So, no, that doesn't mean anything.