Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Pilgrim should be an instance

pure_laced
07.11.2012 , 01:23 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
NMP = NightMare Pilgrim

first i've heard of this, and i have definitely never seen this. does anyone have any proof of this?

i have no idea about this. I thought the hoth and belsavis bosses both had a chance to drop it too? but i'm not an artifice, nor care about magenta, so i'm definitely not up on this.
That isn't the only way to cause a wipe either. There are several others that I will not post about that are just as easily done by one person.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Fossman
07.11.2012 , 01:32 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
That isn't the only way to cause a wipe either. There are several others that I will not post about that are just as easily done by one person.
It only takes one sadly. How anyone thinks that this is a valid game mechanic is beyond me.

oredith
07.11.2012 , 02:06 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
It only takes one sadly. How anyone thinks that this is a valid game mechanic is beyond me.
my group has been at the receiving end of a taunt-grief. it's frustrating, but ultimately, they left after 1. I guess the threat of being ostracized publically was enough.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

YanksfanJP
07.11.2012 , 02:49 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
This argument confuses me.

I asked this before in another thread dont think anyone answered me so ill ask again.

How is it fun to schedule a raid with your guild. Get everyone there. Make sure everyone has the alphawave inhibitor. Then have another guild run up and ninja the stone? Or have another guild start attacking and get you all wiped instantly. Wheres the fun in that? You cant retaliate against it can you? No way to get back at them? No challenge involved on either side. if they're gonna make it like that they should get rid of the one shot ability the mob has and make it so that anyone who attacks the pilgrim becomes PvP flagged. or make it so that if a group of the same faction jumps in it becomes a contribution race whoever does the most damage gets credit for the kill.
You retaliate by killing the people from the other faction. That's kinda how world pvp works. On PvP servers, the raid time can often be taken up just by the back and forth world pvp that happens fighting over the right to kill a world boss.

if you don't like it, you should be on a PvE server.

And then they wonder why there's no world pvp in this game, when the players on the pvp servers don't even know what world pvp is about.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

pure_laced
07.11.2012 , 02:54 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post
You retaliate by killing the people from the other faction. That's kinda how world pvp works. On PvP servers, the raid time can often be taken up just by the back and forth world pvp that happens fighting over the right to kill a world boss.

And then they wonder why there's no world pvp in this game, when the players on the pvp servers don't even know what world pvp is about.
You should go back and re-read the entire post before commenting.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

sphyg
07.11.2012 , 03:59 PM | #76
Lol ^^^^^^^^^ what he said.

Fossman
07.11.2012 , 06:35 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post

Your argument would make more sense if we were even talking about PvP. People seem to be missing the point of this thread. The issue has NOTHING to do with PvP. Obviously if your flagged during a fight like this and an enemy raid rolls in your gona get your face chewed off. This is just common sense. The issue is when a troll on EITHER faction sits on the node all day with the sole intent of wiping any raid that attempts the fight. Ive already explained the bug so many times Im not even gona say it again. read the thread before commenting.

LarryRow
07.12.2012 , 06:46 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
"Just deal with it" is a piss poor argument. Nightmare pilgrim trolling just devolves into a "no one wins" scenario. We show up and pull, Sithies attack the boss, paranoia counter goes over 16 and everyone dies. Imps pull the boss, I add on, paranoia over 16, everyone dies. Now, NO ONE, can run the boss. BUT WAIT, WE CAN JUST DEAL WITH IT. That's the same as offering no solution. It's just an endless cycle of hate, screwing one another over. How is that fun? You can't just let the other faction have it once the trolling has started, because then they'll simply do it every time to guarantee only their faction(or guild) can farm the boss. You're virtually forced into participation of pure stupidity. Is this how world bosses were meant to be done? If so, then the intention to begin with severely flawed. Eliminate world bosses ENTIRELY and switch to world dungeons, where content is protected and instanced. "It's meant to be this way" is just as stupid of an answer as "Just deal with it".
I like this paragraph. It makes me think one big reason for the griefing is the 2-hour lockout. Your goal is to grief the other guy until he leaves so you can do the boss. Without the lockout, you can take turns, and getting there second is no biggie.

Maestrodomus
07.12.2012 , 02:09 PM | #79
Why would you guys sit there and bang your heads over it while it's being camped? You just park an alt there and check on it during a few raid nights. It's not rocket science. We're one of the busiest servers and have always done it this way without issue.

You have yourself to blame if you're trying to do it like Sunday or Tuesday primetime. Go do EC and check back in two hours.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]