Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the complaining? I just don't get it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Why all the complaining? I just don't get it.

Myshkyn
06.24.2012 , 05:14 AM | #21
I think part of the complaining has to do with peoples expectations and 'their monies worth'. SWTOR is still a 'basic' game, yet people look at other MMO's like WoW and expect every other MMO from this point forward to be as big, as polished, and have as many spiffy bells and whistles. In short, people expected this to be World of Star Warscraft.

Now that's not to say expectations are bad. People immediately started asking for and LFG tool, and BioWare is working on one. People started to ask about server transfers, and BioWare implemented them. Granted, it took time, but thats due more to wanting to get it right, than to hurry a flawed modification into use. Blizzard did something similar with their Burning Crusade expansion. I remember that for the first few months after TBC dropped, Blizzard was releasing weekly patches...and then patching and hotfixing for the next few days. Let me tell you, the vitriol over that fiasco was THICK.

The worst complaints come from the people who think their $15 a month entitles them to have their ideas and opinions moved to the top of the list. Or their ideas for the game must be put into use now because NERD RAGE!!!
Some people would complain if their ice cream was cold...

As a great geek said, once upon a time. "You can satisfy some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time. Those you can't satisfy will troll the message boards."
"I am the embodiment of death and suffering."
"You're in tech support, too?"

Ellvaan
06.24.2012 , 07:58 AM | #22
Greetings everyone!

We can understand the community can be frustrating at times, but we ask that threads focus more on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ than criticizing the community. Threads like this, even made with the best of intentions, can often incite flames which we wish to avoid. We are going to go ahead and close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding!