Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon
06.23.2012 , 10:37 PM | #1
Bioware has demonstrated their ability to efficiently mass transfer characters from one server to another, so why did they stop there?

I know BW has not given a when of if this service will be available, but could anyone speculate why the heck not? And what the bleep are they waiting for? If they are worried about balance, just make the initial price where transfers would slowly be purchased.

People are subscribing and unsubscribing everyday, so please don't tell me the server balance is so delicate that consolidating characters onto existing destination servers is going to blow up the populations.

There is a huge player base that rerolled new characters on the very few populated servers when their server population dried up. Now they (including me) would like to reunite all our characters onto a singel server.

I don't understand why BW is pushing this Legacy stuff while penalizing players who made adjsutments during the lonely server days. I don't see 10 page posts regarding the suspense and excitement over Legacy perks. What I do see is BW expecting us and encouraging us to play alts...well then make it so and let us consolidate please.

Bioware, why are you not implementing paid transfers? The usual "maybe we will" response is total huge B.S.

Blondesolid
06.23.2012 , 10:44 PM | #2
For sure, I'd love to gather up all my toons ><

ZirusZero
06.23.2012 , 10:55 PM | #3
Reunite all of us on one server?Are you crazy?Everything is fine as is right now. Otherwise, prepare to play the game 1 frame at a time.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Graydon
06.23.2012 , 11:02 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
Reunite all of us on one server?Are you crazy?Everything is fine as is right now. Otherwise, prepare to play the game 1 frame at a time.
Yes reunite all your characters on to one server. How would you add lag if you could only play one character at a time?

JWagner
06.23.2012 , 11:08 PM | #5
I think the issue is they have stated somewhere they are manually applying transfers at this time [someone correct me if I'm wrong please...]

They were trying to automate the process before starting paid transfers.
█||||||||()█≡(█████The Ebon Hawk (RP)█████►
Drayson Jedi Guardian | Ree'ki Gunslinger
Dinaya Sith Sorcerer | Dalina Powertech

Evoprime
06.23.2012 , 11:29 PM | #6
I wrote a long lecture dealing with balance and economics, and deleted it. It was bunk anyways.

Yea, I too would like to consolidate my pub 50s to where my guild is. I too have to wait. Oh well, at least dailies are quick on dead servers.

birdyjuice
06.23.2012 , 11:44 PM | #7
Don't think we should have to pay for it when there are fewer active servers now.

I do think people that have high level characters on one server should get the option to transfer characters from another server to that one. Don't want the servers crowding up, but you should get the right to put all your characters on one server.

Grayseven
06.24.2012 , 12:27 AM | #8
Probably the same reason other games wait before implementing.

First, they have to wait for the sub population to stabilize. This way, they know approximately how many people they are dealing with.

Second, they offer free transfers from low pop servers in order to bolster population levels on a set number of servers. This allows more stability in server populations.

Finally, once the dust is settled they open up paid transfers.

If BW didn't let things stabilize they wouldn't know what they had and where they had it. It is all part of a process, no one part which should be rushed. Honestly, free transfers should have filled up some servers and with 1.3 coming out Tuesday they appear to have some resub's coming back in so that might be putting things on hold. Not to mention making sure the automated transfer service is working good before opening up full paid transfers.

I'd expect to see it offered soon since I got 9 characters from 2 servers transferred in under 5 minutes one Saturday morning without any real issues (except for one character I had to rename who my other characters swore up and down didn't exist when they tried to friend them...since fixed by the way).

Ultimately, its hard to pin down what you need to do to fix things if you have people transferring willy-nilly...
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Kashley
06.24.2012 , 01:07 AM | #9
Agree with OP 100%

For that matter can we get someone with yellow text in this thread with an answer other than soon? Some information on PAID transfers would be lovely, whats the hold up?
Insert witty signature here.

FourTwent
06.24.2012 , 01:32 AM | #10
I just feel they want to work out the 'increased population cap' first, before allowing people to transfer where ever they want