Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

THEY.STOLE.MY.NAME! *mad*

Elikal
06.19.2012 , 12:44 PM | #1
God, I am so mad right now. You see, the JekkJekkThar finally got it's "merge" with The Harbinger. Now when I moved my chars, I lost my names. ALL OF THEM. Ok save, Elikal, but I lost SEVEN of my EIGHT names. And yes, I understand for some people it means nothing. But you see, I have these same 5 names for 8 frigging years. I am attached to them, some especially.

I was Akim TelBane in SWG for 7 frigging years.

I was Akim TelBane in EQ2 for 6 years.

I was Akim TelBane in LOTRO for 3 years.

And they TOOK THE NAME FROM ME.

I had extra preordered SWTOR. I had entered the game in the first few minutes to make sure I get those names I always have. Akim, Matteo, Aryan, Sarnok and Elikal. I have these persona every time. Heck, they even more or less LOOK the same, have the same bio. And now, all but Elikal were taken. Chance is by people who cancelled or came much later. This stinks. And for me it is really the breaking point, where I feel like, ok I can't take it anymore. Not ANOTHER compromise.
"There is no civility, only politics."
-Senator Palpatine

dardack
06.19.2012 , 12:46 PM | #2
Can i haz your stuff?
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

Razdek
06.19.2012 , 12:47 PM | #3
They were on the server first with that name /shrug.... As a famous playwright once wrote "whats in a name."

BelenUmeria
06.19.2012 , 12:47 PM | #4
Try branching out and experiencing different characters. Make folks unique to SWTOR. I get that you're upset, but trying new things can be an adventure too.

Parali
06.19.2012 , 12:55 PM | #5
Greetings,

We do know that character names are very important to the players in our community and that it is especially frustrating to those members who made the extra effort to secure their favorites. You may want to join one of these conversations, where players are already discussing the impact the transfers have had on their character names:

Character Transfers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344
Names: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479804

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your feedback and your help in keeping these forums a bit more organized.