Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer Heartbreak

Dariuss
06.19.2012 , 10:31 AM | #11
I also lost my name. I had to rename "Dariuss" (which I've had on several games, before which was Darius) to Dåriuss.

Honestly... if that little change makes me 'lose all connection' to a character I wasn't that connected to them in the first place.

Chesty_Jake
06.19.2012 , 10:41 AM | #12
My main was York and now is Yørk instead... eh i'm over it there were 280 people on fleet and my guild went from active to very active as 3 guilds from my origin server were tired of going it alone and merged up with us.

Life is good on Corellian Run atm. Embrace change, find more *****in names and have a good time. There's no perfect solution here. Instead of playing the victim you should understand that and move on gladly gaming with a large population.

Sure Bioware messed up out the gate, but this was also because of forum uprisings.... so.
www.kickingtotalass.com
Streaming here at twitch.tv/guy_gamer/
Server: The Shadow Lands (Republic, Main: Yørk)
Guild: <The Meatbags> (Republic, originally of Tarro Blood & Corellian Run)

Ashyra
06.19.2012 , 10:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Chesty_Jake View Post
Instead of playing the victim you should understand that and move on...
That is exactly what a lot of the people that have taken up the greatest issue with this are going to do, but they are going to move out of the whole game, instead of to their new destination. The question you should rather be considering is whether SWtOR is currently in a state where it can afford to alienate more of the remaining loyal customers at a time when the subscription base is already visibly dwindling over numerous other reasons that are far more difficult to solve, which has, after all, lead to the server transfers in the first place...
"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single idea." ―Kreia

IPaq
06.19.2012 , 11:01 AM | #14
Better let a whole game die because you can't keep your name.

Logical? No.

Another thread that should have be moved to the "R U INSANE" forum.

NoFishing
06.19.2012 , 11:14 AM | #15
Well if your names are being used by active players, I don't feel bad for you. The players already using those names have as much right to them as you do, they just got lucky.

Sadly my guess is most of the names you all lost are sitting on zombie alts and expired accounts, which just simply sucks. Probably would have been a good idea for the transfer process to look at the last played date of a character, and if it was more than 90 days ago, force rename the zombie and let the incoming player keep it.

It would also be good manners if people leaving the game would delete their old characters to free up those names on their way out the door, but now I'm just dreaming.

Parali
06.19.2012 , 11:31 AM | #16
Greetings,

We understand that losing a character name is a serious concern for many players in our community. You may want to join the other players as they discuss transfers and the issue of names here:

Character Transfers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344
Names: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479804

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your feedback!