Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Planet "Makeb" Doesn't exist yet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
New Planet "Makeb" Doesn't exist yet

SNCommand
06.07.2012 , 06:41 AM | #21
Lol, complaining about Bioware adding new planets, and then using planets made by Bioware for Kotor as examples for great planets we should revisit. The fear of something new is strong with this one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

RAZIM
06.07.2012 , 10:59 AM | #22
Could it be that this planet suffers an 'Alderaan' fate and that could be a reason it was largely ignored in the future timeline?

During the Black Talon instance, we are told both the republic and empire are building superweapons. I'm sure we're going to be creating a lot of 'existing' asteroid fields from the future.

I expect to see some empire-mutated Exogorths (space slugs) devastate at least one planet.

DaWaffle
06.07.2012 , 11:30 AM | #23
Hey, they made Voss up and everyone loves it.

Temeluchus
06.07.2012 , 12:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DaWaffle View Post
Hey, they made Voss up and everyone loves it.
I hate Voss. Also, BW didn't create Voss, they just picked an obscure planet in the SWU and established it's people,culture,lore etc.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Forgon
06.07.2012 , 12:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
I hate Voss. Also, BW didn't create Voss, they just picked an obscure planet in the SWU and established it's people,culture,lore etc.
So... they basically made it?
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Jandi
06.07.2012 , 12:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
*blink* What? So, if they changed the name to Boss it would be their creation, but because the name Voss was used years ago in a book with *no* further details, it's not? Are you serious man?

Phyreblade
06.07.2012 , 01:23 PM | #27
So let me get this right...

Writers creating additional fiction in a fictional universe is...bad...? Really?
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

Marked_Man
06.07.2012 , 02:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
So... they basically made it?
I like Voss and the people but I swear it felt derivative of StarCraft: zerglings every where, floating crystals, and humans in mobile homes waiting to lft off at a moments notice.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
06.07.2012 , 02:53 PM | #29
correct me if im wrong (and as a huge fan of SWTOR i dont think i am) but didnt they also invent Voss? wheres your thread on that? the great thing about SW is that you can just invent planets and **** and say they were recently discovered. and the reason they chose this time period is so they could do just that. then just say that its never been mentioned in the movies/books/lore and stuff. done.
<Prophecy of the Five> Munda - 55 Sniper | Seever - 55 Juggernaut | Kasra - 55 Assassin | Vasius - 55 Mercenary | Innoss - 55 Sage

Jandi
06.07.2012 , 03:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by xJACKTHERIPPERx View Post
correct me if im wrong (and as a huge fan of SWTOR i dont think i am) but didnt they also invent Voss? wheres your thread on that? the great thing about SW is that you can just invent planets and **** and say they were recently discovered. and the reason they chose this time period is so they could do just that. then just say that its never been mentioned in the movies/books/lore and stuff. done.
Quesh is also a completely new planet...