Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keep it alive.

Djak
06.01.2012 , 10:23 PM | #1
If you are like me you played for the first month pretty heavily and then, which your Main well established, you settled into a casual gamer cycle. I took almost a month off. When I came back it was a different community. The hardcore guys burned through the game and left. Many others got bored with the repetitive play. I think most fell off due to some pretty glaring mistakes made by BIOWARE early on.

I played SWG back in the day and hated it. That is probably why I love this game so much. It really is well done considering the ambitiousness of the project. There are some problems to be sure.

#1 Server merge must happen immediately. If you are like me you abandoned your main and made a Toon on the Fatman the last populated U.S. Server. It's not admitting defeat. It's a tactical withdrawal to stabilize the fan base for the next attack. It's a smart move. Shrink it down, find out what you are working with and get ready to hit it again. A recent survey should the average sever Pop was 300 players. I believe it. That's pretty terrible and combining Servers might leave you with 5 servers but that's not a bad start to grow the player base. After all WoW wasn't built in a day.

If you have any other suggestions please post them here. This game is pretty awesome and could one day be the top MMO but patience is a virtue.
Its not an effective act of civil disobedience and has largely become a party - Office of the Vice Chancellor CU- Boulder
A revolution without dancing is not a revolution worth having - Emma Goldman

Hexxim
06.01.2012 , 11:13 PM | #2
I agree fully.

The servers being combined will help with quite a few problems as well as keep people from leaving the game altogether. I actually left after playing a week when it was first released, but recently returned because 90% of the gripes i had, have been fixed. Bioware may have made some mistakes but they are listening to their player-base. Something Blizzard has forgotten to do.

I believe great things are to follow in this game

Ellvaan
06.02.2012 , 03:01 AM | #3
Greetings everyone!

Since we have a few threads on the various topics regarding Server Population and suggestions for it, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue your discussion here:
You can find more information regarding Character Transfers in our Community Q + A Blog for April 27th, 2012:

Quote:
Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First well have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and well reveal more details closer to the launch date.
You can also find the latest post regarding character transfers from Online Community Manager, Joveth Gonzalez in our Developer Tracker:

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez
Quote: Originally Posted by robjossa View Post
although i'm getting lonely on my sever really hope the transfers some out soon gets kinda boring staying on the fleet trying to get a q. but once u guys do that ill be very happy with the game
I know you are all eager for information regarding character transfers and I just wanted to let you all know that this is definitely a studio wide priority. Weve just about finished up on the development side of things, but in order to ensure a high quality service, the system needs to undergo extensive testing. The testing cycle, as some of you may know, is variable and highly dependent on a number of things. With that being said, as soon as this process is complete and we are confident in the quality of the service, you can expect to hear more detailed information.
If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant sub-forum.

Thank you for your patience!