Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot join a warzone - booted back to char screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cannot join a warzone - booted back to char screen
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

supZ
05.16.2012 , 03:51 PM | #1
first time i've tried to play in a couple of weeks and i cant even get into a wz.

i queue up, when the invite comes i click to join and i get booted back to the char screen and have to login again.

asked in general and 2 other people said they're having the same issue.

[Tomb of Freedon Nadd] server, my 26 op, currently on nar shaddaa.
---------------
SI Sorcerer (50)
JC Sage (50)

Sutii
05.16.2012 , 04:07 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings supZ,

The most common solution to this issue is making sure everything is up to date. Please ensure that you have checked the following:
  • Check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed. For instructions on how to update your Graphics card drivers please see here.

• You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. For further details please check here

• You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system including the optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features.

• You should try using the 'Repair' utility on the launcher. To do this please click on the button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window. This will open a settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the 'Repair' button.

• If you are experiencing this issue after having installed the game from a physical copy, please try running the Fixlauncher.exe located in your installation directory. This is located by default at:
    • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
If this didn't work try downloading the installer from www.swtor.com/download and running this over your existing installation.

Please also ensure that your computer meets the minimum specifications required to run the game.

If you are still encountering this issue after checking all of the above, please reply here with an updated DxDiag report. Information on how to obtain this can be found here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

supZ
05.17.2012 , 05:56 AM | #3
Thanks for the, albeit 'canned', reply.

My system is always up-to-date and my machine FAR exceeds the minimum specs. Have been playing happily since release and never had an issue like this.

The point I want to reiterate is that this isn't just my problem, other people playing had the same issue so telling me to make sure my machine is up-to-date is a little redundant.

I'll try again tonight and see if I'm still having problems.

I'll report back whatever
---------------
SI Sorcerer (50)
JC Sage (50)