Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Product Registration Code

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rimidog
05.16.2012 , 09:56 PM | #1
My fiancee did the free trial, and we are trying to add a subscription to her account(So we can play together) and I don't have my gamebox anymore, for the registration code.

And we are unable to add time to her account without it. How can we do it?

Mandiaru
05.16.2012 , 10:08 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Rimidog,

It is required that you have a registered version of Star Wars: The Old Republic on each account you want to add game time to(to be able to play the game).

That being said (if I understood you correctly), your fiancee would have to purchase a copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic first. Please have a look at the following page: http://buy.swtor.com/us/

Please let me know should you require any further assistance and I will be delighted to help.

Thank you.
Mandiaru | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Rimidog
05.16.2012 , 10:22 PM | #3
So she has to pay the 60$ for the standard edition, in order for her to play with me?

Mandiaru
05.16.2012 , 10:32 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
That is correct.

In order to run Star Wars: The Old Republic with two separate accounts, you will need to have a product registration code redeemed on each account and have an active subscription on each account.

Apologies if I was a bit unclear on this in my first post.

Rimidog
05.16.2012 , 10:35 PM | #5
That seems kind of extreme, since we have to pay per month to play...

Mandiaru
05.16.2012 , 11:06 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings again Rimidog,

In order to have a valid and active Star Wars: The Old Republic account it is necessary to redeem a game code on each account. Please note that with each game code, there are 30 days of game time included.

Thank you for your understanding.

Romiz
05.16.2012 , 11:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rimidog View Post
That seems kind of extreme, since we have to pay per month to play...
It is really fair. A lot of money goes into developing a game. And paying a amount up front helps pay for that. Also MMOs have no idea how long you will stay around. The monthly fee are in large part used to pay pay back the investors, keeping the servers running, and paying a staff to keep making updates. In this game like LoTRO they also have to pay a good % for the games rights.

That last one no F2P MMO has to deal with. And they run on a very small staff. Lot of F2P MMOs have 10-20 people total and slow getting new content out.

Stoofa
05.17.2012 , 03:59 AM | #8
When me wife decided she wanted to give it a go I sent her a trial. When it came time to play full-time I just bought a boxed copy.
There are deals to be had out there, think I paid round 22 for her copy.

As for the feeling this is unfair. Why shouldn't you have to buy a copy of the game for your wife?
Each of the 1 million or so people who started playing the game at launch had to buy a copy, why shouldn't someone starting to play now have to buy it?

Daichi-Fett
11.21.2013 , 07:28 PM | #9
Hello there, just a quick question:
Where is the 'Product Registration Code' for the Digital Standard edition of SWTOR?

GreyWolfSC
11.22.2013 , 08:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Daichi-Fett View Post
Hello there, just a quick question:
Where is the 'Product Registration Code' for the Digital Standard edition of SWTOR?
In the confirmation e-mail from when you ordered it, but I do not think you need it anymore since the Free-to-Play conversion. This thread is from 2012.