Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

issue - character "alignment" stuck

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
issue - character "alignment" stuck
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tempus
05.16.2012 , 01:58 PM | #1
So, on my main character, my lightside/darkside counter is completely stuck. I think i'm at a net of something like 9550 lightside, and Light IV.

I can get lightside or darkside points from conversation, but my counter never moves. This has the side affect of making my character unable to equip Light V required relics - which is beyond annoying, especially for a tank trying to gear up.

in-game customer service has been less than helpful - i'm not confident that the responses to my tickets even reflected an understanding of the question i was asking.

is there anything that can be done about this?

Lsheistaon
05.16.2012 , 03:37 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Tempus,

I can understand that this is frustrating. We are aware of this issue and that it has been ongoing. Please let me assure you we are actively investigating it at the moment.

I am unable to provide you with a resolution timeframe at them moment.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Simil
05.16.2012 , 07:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lsheistaon View Post
Hi Tempus,

I can understand that this is frustrating. We are aware of this issue and that it has been ongoing. Please let me assure you we are actively investigating it at the moment.

I am unable to provide you with a resolution timeframe at them moment.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,

Do you intend to fix it? This has been an issue for months. As mentioned your ingame cs has absolutely no clue what anyone is talking about. It limits the ability to use level 50 Relics for the most part. Maybe have someone from management let us know where this issue is on the list of priorities.

Mandiaru
05.16.2012 , 07:31 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Simil,

I would like to provide you with a link to the Community Q&A from February the 10th of 2012 regarding the prioritization of bug. A player asked the following:
Quote:
When you made the blog post about the balancing act of what to fix, what to balance, and when; got me thinking about how the items are prioritized, as it didn't really explain that?
Daniel Erickson responded:
Quote:
Daniel Erickson: How we prioritize bugs is a complicated question and one that can be maddening from a player point of view. The answer is as complicated as the question but I can give a high level view. First comes anything that blocks the critical path of a class story for any reason. If you canít progress, your game comes to a screeching halt so that always takes precedence. Next is the question: how many people are being affected and what is the damage being done? Half the population being slightly irritated loses in priority to ten percent of the population having their game crippled, for example. The last consideration, and the most opaque to players, is how hard the bug is to fix. There are fixes that look complicated and are nothing more than a database entry that went rogue. There are fixes that look easy and take months of untangling code. What we can promise is that we never ignore bugs or decide something is good enough as-is.
We are continuously working and expanding Star Wars: The Old Republic and as such the fixing of certain issues is included.

However, I would like to kindly ask for your continued patience on this.

Thank you.
Mandiaru | BioWare Customer Service Ė Forum Support

Simil
05.17.2012 , 11:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandiaru View Post
Greetings Simil,

I would like to provide you with a link to the Community Q&A from February the 10th of 2012 regarding the prioritization of bug. A player asked the following: Daniel Erickson responded: We are continuously working and expanding Star Wars: The Old Republic and as such the fixing of certain issues is included.

However, I would like to kindly ask for your continued patience on this.

Thank you.
Here is a link to a response that it was being worked on over 5 months ago :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ozen+alignment

What kind of continued patience are we talking here?