Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

help with artifice and artifact fragments

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
help with artifice and artifact fragments

digitalgargoyle
05.10.2012 , 02:28 PM | #1
Hello all,

The title is pretty self explanitory but here's a little more detail. I've got a character with Artifice and I'm unsure what to do with the various artifact fragments (ancient, prototype, etc) in my possesion. Is there a way to utilize these to learn more things to craft? If so, how do I go about that?

I've asked a smilar question in the past and the best advice I was given was to go find the currator at Fleet and redeem them there. However, unless I did something wrong, it appears that you can only redeem artifact GIFT fragments at fleet. It's all of the OTHER artifact fragments that interest me.

Thanks
The Basai Legacy
Dygar - 50 Shadow (Legacy), Lan'eff - 50 Mercenary
Taisun - 50 Gunslinger, Triock'rem - 50 Vanguard

ShawnSixtyTwo
05.10.2012 , 02:33 PM | #2
Yes, they are a component in nearly everything you make. Have you visited your artifice trainer? As I recall the first few recipes you start with only need crystal, but anything higher needs artifact fragments.

Artifice is rather efficient in its gathering & mission skills because there are no crafting materials you can harvest or net from missions that are not used at some point.
-= The Sinistral Legacy on The Harbinger =-
Raphus - 50 Sentinel Desperot - 50 Scoundrel Verticalis - 50 Commando
Malivore - 50 Assassin Scoloa - 50 Sniper Dendro - Powertech

Owsley
05.10.2012 , 03:43 PM | #3
As you gain skill levels in artifice, new schematics become available from the artifice trainers. Schematics can also be acquired from rare loot drops and slicing missions, but the main source is buying them from your trainer. If you change the dropdown filter on your trainer's list from trainable to all, you'll see the entire liest of schematics and the level of expertise required.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

digitalgargoyle
05.10.2012 , 04:09 PM | #4
Gaining schematics I understand, and I know that there are some high level schematics that I'll have to hold on to and wait for the appropriate level. However, it's the various artifact fragments that I have in my possesion that I have no idea what to do with.

Thanks again.
The Basai Legacy
Dygar - 50 Shadow (Legacy), Lan'eff - 50 Mercenary
Taisun - 50 Gunslinger, Triock'rem - 50 Vanguard

GnatB
05.10.2012 , 05:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by digitalgargoyle View Post
Gaining schematics I understand, and I know that there are some high level schematics that I'll have to hold on to and wait for the appropriate level. However, it's the various artifact fragments that I have in my possesion that I have no idea what to do with.

Thanks again.
Think it's already been stated. They are mats for higher level crafting. While the first handful of schematics you get don't use them, as I understand it the vast majority of schematics do. (Admittedly, my artificier is only ~160 skill or so. Personally have no reason to get him higher level than it takes to make crafted sabers.). My synthweaver is higher level, and other than the first ~20 or so schematics, they all require artifacts.