Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Item creation: spontaneous change before completion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Item creation: spontaneous change before completion

Vagren
05.07.2012 , 11:25 AM | #1
Anybody else had issues with their items changing from one thing to another before it completes crafting? I've had instances in armstech of trying to create a knife and if I zone from warzones and back or to and from planets, sometimes it spontaneously changes to a barrel before it is done being made. I submitted a bug report but have no idea if anybody else has seen this or if my set of circumstances is unique enough to touch on this bug.

By the way, the first time this happened I thought I had just mistakenly selected the wrong thing to craft. Five times.

The second time this happened, I realized it wasn't a mistake I had made but thought it was still a fluke.

The third time it happened, I realized there was a problem and I could probably re-create the problem again easily and I reported it as a bug.
DAOC Faelwen - Alb Galahad (Retired)
WOW Faelwen/Vagren - Uther Horde (Retired)
TOR Faelwen - Bounty Hunter Vagren - Sorcerer Faelonius - Operative

Dart_Xi
05.07.2012 , 11:45 AM | #2
Same thing with my Cybertech. No zoning while crafting different things.
For most cases they just changing the order in which it crafts, but to much zoning and everything is messed up. So i m trying to craft same things if I want zoning.

Daphnis
05.07.2012 , 01:07 PM | #3
Maybe this is what happened to me.

I was trying to craft a Hotrigged Speeder Bike. And also had a bunch of mods queued up afterwards. Then I logged off to switch to another character. When I came back later, there was no speeder. But I had a lot of mods. I think there were more mods than would have been possible even if I got 2x on all of them. So, maybe the speeder turned into a mod...

Ras_Thavas
05.07.2012 , 01:24 PM | #4
I've had items in the queue disappear when entering my ship. Had some ship upgrades in the queue and they never got made.

GnatB
05.07.2012 , 01:25 PM | #5
Old bug, I've reported it several times starting either January or February. Actually tired of keeping "secret" about it in case it can be exploited. If it can be, maybe Bioware will finally get around to tracking it down and fixing it.

I've only ever noticed it occuring if I modify a queue that's already in progress.

Fill up queue, swap around to alts, (or WZ, or space combat, or basically anything that does a loadscreen) something gets crafted, so fill up queue some more. Swap around to alts, (or WZ, or space combat, or basically anything that does a loadscreen) items in queue will be correct, but in different order. Swap around some more, (giving enough time for stuff to actually get crafted) Stuff crafted & what's in queue will no longer be what should be in queue. Stuff will be missing, and a duplicate of something else will have been made inr in queue. (deleting stuff in queue after loging/loading will have similar randomish results. Item you cancelled may still end up being made, item you didn't cancel will no longer be in queue, etc.)

I've only ever had it convert good stuff to bad stuff though. I suspect for some reason when your character is converted into "offline" mode (or vice versa) the queue is sorted in some method (probably based on "value"?) Whereas the other version is in whatever order you added them. And somehow/why it resolves the two queues together, and what you did "online" gets stomped by the order of the "offline" version. And it's that reordering that causes the high value stuff to get converted into low value stuff.
(and I expect when going to wz's or other loads, your character is being moved into it's offline version, copied over to the other server, then re "instantiated" on the new server)

Vagren
05.09.2012 , 03:25 PM | #6
Well I'm glad, at least, to see that I'm not the only one who has run into this. It is a bit frustrating, though. Hopefully this won't continue into high level crafting. I don't want to have to sit and watch my items craft for an hour or more just to make sure they don't spontaneously change into something else before they're done just because I zoned.
DAOC Faelwen - Alb Galahad (Retired)
WOW Faelwen/Vagren - Uther Horde (Retired)
TOR Faelwen - Bounty Hunter Vagren - Sorcerer Faelonius - Operative

venomlash
05.09.2012 , 04:18 PM | #7
Happened to me once or twice.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

NicWester
05.09.2012 , 06:18 PM | #8
I think this is affecting more than crafting--I've had my companions out running Slicing missions for lockboxes and wound up with them returning with Augment materials. It's happened to me twice on my alt, each time was after a warzone.

evanfardreamer
05.09.2012 , 10:35 PM | #9
I've only ever had it re-sort the items - I had Scourge crafting lightsaber crystals, prototype hilts, and some enhancements, when they most definitely came out in a different order than I'd queued them - I know because they went in based on mats available, and came out pretty much willy nilly.

TheNevet
05.10.2012 , 01:50 AM | #10
There used to be an exploitable bug that would cause things you were crafting to complete way ahead of schedule when you zoned. Probably when they fixed that, something else went wrong.