Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sentinel PvP

Preludah
04.25.2012 , 11:26 AM | #221
It's about the same for all the specs, the biggest difference is that combat does abit more damage and focus does alot more dmg nowadays. as for the watchman spec it feels just the same, keeping the dots up and hitting away

currann
05.07.2012 , 05:14 PM | #222
Very helpful guide, but i have one question. Why put 2 points into Jedi Crusader, and not Burning Focus?

Jonesat
05.08.2012 , 08:52 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankith View Post
Watchman: Assuming you Force leap in, you need to first decide if you need to apply your slow or healing debuff, typically I always apply my slow even if there are team mates attacking, as it really blows if they slow you and simply walk away :P. So, Force Leap(4)->Overload Saber(in air)(1)->Zealous Strike(7)-> Leg Slash(5)->Cauterize(3)(pop Zen now if you have it)->Strike(5)->Merciless Slash(1). As you can see, that kinda takes a while, if you remove leg slash you can finish that much quicker as you donít need to Strike either, just 3 hits after landing on your target and hes got your dots and has some hurt going. So when you really want to kill something, forego that Leg Slash. Usually this will do quite a number to someones health bar AND you have 6 good crit dots coming.

Without force leap your going to be simply running up to your opponent and opening with Zealous Strike(6)->Overload Saber(3)->Leg Slash(1)->Strike(3)->Cauterize(1)->Strike(3)->strike(5)->merc Slash(1). As you can see, thats alot slower, but you will have to do this in alot of occasions. Again, dropping that Leg Slash if you absolutely must will help speed this up. And also consider that you get knocked back at some point in the middle of this and can then Force Leap in for that 4 focus and that will speed up your output a bit.

in the damage rotation, what do the numbers mean? ie "force leap(4)"
"There's a price on your head and I've come to collect."

ReyVagabond
05.08.2012 , 09:29 AM | #224
Can any one rate this Combat build i know is not the best but i like combat and i want to get better.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcZrGrRorrdGzZM.1

Crawelc
05.14.2012 , 08:50 AM | #225
Skip Righteous zeal get ataru mastery, you dont need a lower cd on that to gain focus. You will have plenty. Fill out that whole first tier as well and it looks just like my build. I would shave 1 of the points from Stagger to finish out off hand mastery.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

icereyk
05.15.2012 , 12:49 AM | #226
great,thanks

barreness
05.27.2012 , 01:09 PM | #227
I think the (numbers) in the rotation quote , are the values for available focus after each command in the rotation.
Ie a specked force leap makes 4 focus, overload saber uses 3, so leaving 1... Etc..

itirith
06.28.2012 , 08:51 AM | #228
When u put in the link, the skill tree is doesnt build yet

itirith
06.28.2012 , 08:52 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by ReyVagabond View Post
Can any one rate this Combat build i know is not the best but i like combat and i want to get better.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcZrGrRorrdGzZM.1
Why in combat u choose focus?

Healsti
06.29.2012 , 11:22 AM | #230
Do you guys use Power Augment or Strenght Augment on your Sentinel?
Perceval < Gardiens du Lys >