Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A question about re-enginneering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
A question about re-enginneering

Musclemary
05.08.2012 , 04:21 AM | #1
When you re-enginner an item that you have made and you have a 20% chance of getting aschematic, is that scematic completley random or will it be related to the type of item you have re-engineered? So for example, if I make 5 might hilts and re-engineer them back, will I only get might related scematics back or could it be anything?

Also is there any mpoint in re-engineering blue items or purple??

parmie
05.08.2012 , 05:41 AM | #2
I think the RE guide was unstickied but it's pretty comprehensive for most crafting still although needs 1.2 updates.

A successful RE of an item will only bring back an improved version of the same item, so if you RE your green Might Hilt, you will learn a blue version of the same hilt, if you RE the blue successfully, you learn the purple version.

Purple mostly represents the highest tier and there is no point reverse engineering item upgrades such as hits that are purple. Some schematics you can buy give you the item starting at blue, it can still be RE'd two levels, effectively purple 1 and purple 2.

Is it worth REing up to purple? During the levelling process I'd say mostly not unless you are trying to power through your story. Generally speaking purple items sell the best on the market, but there is the RE and difficulty in obtaining mats to offset this.