Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finally at 400 artifice, but can't find rare schematics. Help please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Finally at 400 artifice, but can't find rare schematics. Help please

FrostTrooper
05.07.2012 , 04:43 PM | #1
So I'm VERY new to the whole crafting thing and I was hoping that someone could give me advice. So as I said in the topic, I've gotten artifice to 400 and I'm making some decent lightsaber crystals by reverse engineering but I'm not getting/finding anything rare. When I do treasure hunting for germs, I occasional get a schematic, but its ALWAYS for the same 3 lightsabers.

Where/how do I get the rare schematics? I don't mind working for them, I just have zero idea where to even start.

Thanks in advance

Rehneu
05.07.2012 , 04:48 PM | #2
Crystal schematics can be found on the daily commendation vendors. You will need to scroll to the bottom of their lists. Also, the purple rakata scehmatics can be found on your respected skill crafting trainer.

lectotrans
05.07.2012 , 04:52 PM | #3
so far as i can tell, there are only three schematics you can obtain for lightsabers(besides the ones you get from your trainer at 400). as far as i've been able to determine on my main server, with my artificer and asking around and watching the GTN those three are the only ones any has been able to get. i've just started vendoring them, rather than putting them on the GTN like every other artificer.
Squadron 14-610Playing TOR since Beta
Now playing on Canderous Ordo!
Suung on PTS

Amalak
05.07.2012 , 04:58 PM | #4
As for Color Crystal Schematics, the Magenta +41 Schems drop in the 4 Man Heroic Area of the Black Hole on Corellia and the Orange Crystal +41 Schems drop from the Primal Destroyer on Belsavis, the PVP end game Schematics come from the crafting boxes that the PVP vendor sells.... and its rumored that the Purple and Cyan +41 Schems come from the Fleet Commendations Crafting Boxes....

GnatB
05.07.2012 , 06:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Amalak View Post
As for Color Crystal Schematics, the Magenta +41 Schems drop in the 4 Man Heroic Area of the Black Hole on Corellia and the Orange Crystal +41 Schems drop from the Primal Destroyer on Belsavis, the PVP end game Schematics come from the crafting boxes that the PVP vendor sells.... and its rumored that the Purple and Cyan +41 Schems come from the Fleet Commendations Crafting Boxes....
IIRC, the magenta ones are actualy called pink (or was it light pink?) now. Was sort of surprised to see the magenta I had bought for Kira now saying pink.

evanfardreamer
05.07.2012 , 07:10 PM | #6
When you say same 3 schematics, I'm confused - there's both the Custom and the Elegant single and double-bladed lightsaber, for 4 total schematics. Are you not finding one of those, or is there another style of lightsaber that you can get the schematics for?

PatT
05.08.2012 , 01:06 AM | #7
I'm getting FLOODED with the schems for those lightsabers. All of them. I've started putting them in the guild bank free to a good home..but everyone already has them.

BIOWARE: STOP with the orange, un -reverse engineerable lightsaber schems...tone it down to 10% of the rate they're dropping at now and start dropping other things, like rare crystals schems or those biochem exotech schems that someone else posted about earlier.

Sheesh. It's either all or nothing.
Simple happy language words!

Banicks
05.08.2012 , 02:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PatT View Post
I'm getting FLOODED with the schems for those lightsabers. All of them. I've started putting them in the guild bank free to a good home..but everyone already has them.

BIOWARE: STOP with the orange, un -reverse engineerable lightsaber schems...tone it down to 10% of the rate they're dropping at now and start dropping other things, like rare crystals schems or those biochem exotech schems that someone else posted about earlier.

Sheesh. It's either all or nothing.
Yea the Elegant double bladed and Elegant lightsaber pattern is way to common from TH, it is practically vendor trash.

I had the +41 crit magenta drop in H4 End of Torvix yesterday, first time I've seen it drop and I have absolutely no idea where to obtain the two epic crystals (i havent even seen them yield from TH gemstone crits).
The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorised. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side.

hchsiao
05.08.2012 , 03:11 AM | #9
+ power crystal schematics (lv 47 and below) are from investigation mission.

JediKalel
05.08.2012 , 03:21 AM | #10
Artifice is the most worthless skill IMHO.... I dropped it for synth and never looked back

What can you get with your fancy 400 artifice? Well, aside from the Rakata relic that you can try to get a crit augmnet slot for.... everything else you can buy, so jack crap. There is a market for augmented sabers, but it wont last long as crafters who already make them soak up the market and drive prices down (happening already) and the +41 stat saber crystals are not hard to come by, I have several unused in my cargo bays that I got without crafting them.

With that said, the slight amount of use you'll get from artifice is really helping out your jedi / sith alts, because you can craft level 1--49 artifice stuff for them instead of grinding for planet comms or searching endlessly on the GTN.

All in all artifice isnt a great crafting skill ATM... perhaps they will someday add something worthwhile to it