Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey Bioware: Save my spot for 60 seconds.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Hey Bioware: Save my spot for 60 seconds.

zImperium
12.17.2011 , 03:44 PM | #1
Yup, you need to implement this.

When I randomly get disconnected.
When I restart my game because it bugs out.
When I have an issue with my client and need to reload UI.

Save my spot for 60 seconds.

Damn it, I shouldn't have to wait for an hour to get back in just because your game can't handle me staying online for long periods of time.
<Aisthesis> Mebell (Sh), Ci'kengo (Co), Liex (Sa), Shaoqiang (Va), Djinerious (Sc), Aescinn (47 Gu), Auress (53 Se)
<Antithesis> Imdinia (Po), Shorya (As), Liniassa (Ju), Toshir (Sn)
Beta Tested: Original & Regulator (Starfighter Expansion) (My FAQ!)

UnaX
12.17.2011 , 04:04 PM | #2
You don't have to stand in queue again.

Was questing with a friend yesterday and his connection crashed. He tried to login and got in a queue of 1600 (on EU Bloodworthy), which is of course unacceptable.

We then tried to experiment and I told him when he had logged out of the game, which took about 15 minutes. He tried to connect to the server again and was number 1 in queue and got back in.

So, your spot is apparently saved, you just have to wait for you to get idled out of the game first.

renegadeimp
12.17.2011 , 04:05 PM | #3
The only way you will get put in the queue is if you exit the game completely and log back in or if you get dc'd due to a long period of inactivity. If you aren't at your keyboard for an extended amount of time or playing the game, why should you be taking the place of someone who can be playing?
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

renegadeimp
12.17.2011 , 04:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by zImperium View Post
Yup, you need to implement this.

When I randomly get disconnected.
When I restart my game because it bugs out.
When I have an issue with my client and need to reload UI.

Save my spot for 60 seconds.

Damn it, I shouldn't have to wait for an hour to get back in just because your game can't handle me staying online for long periods of time.
The game can handle it properly. If you keep getting dc'd, it's a problem on your end or with your ISP.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

VulpX
12.17.2011 , 04:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by UnaX View Post
You don't have to stand in queue again.

Was questing with a friend yesterday and his connection crashed. He tried to login and got in a queue of 1600 (on EU Bloodworthy), which is of course unacceptable.

We then tried to experiment and I told him when he had logged out of the game, which took about 15 minutes. He tried to connect to the server again and was number 1 in queue and got back in.

So, your spot is apparently saved, you just have to wait for you to get idled out of the game first.
That's what I thought too, but then 15 minutes ago I got disconnected from the server. AND was placed at the end of the queue.

drantik
12.17.2011 , 04:07 PM | #6
Yes, if you've logged your character out, switch servers or something, and come back you are #1 in queue. If on the other hand you get disconnected and then reconnect, welcome to position #800.

That **** sucks when mixed with error code 1002.