Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key token - No Android App?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security Key token - No Android App?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Red_Comet
12.17.2011 , 02:08 AM | #1
I was interested in getting the security key for the extra protection for my game. I really don't want the token, and the app is only available for Apple products. Is there a plan to launch an app for those of us who have Android phones?

D6-R8
12.17.2011 , 03:57 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Red_Comet View Post
I was interested in getting the security key for the extra protection for my game. I really don't want the token, and the app is only available for Apple products. Is there a plan to launch an app for those of us who have Android phones?

Hi Red_Comet,

Wed like to inform you that a mobile security key application will soon be made available for certain Android and Blackberry devices. We can unfortunately not tell you an exact date for its release, but in any case the relevant team is actively working on it.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

raadsel
12.17.2011 , 04:03 PM | #3
My impression is you are better off without the key. My problem is, once you have added the key, it appears you cannot remove it without calling customer support. While I like the idea of using the key 1) there seem to be having problems with the iPhone app where it isn't properly updating and 2) if there is a software update you run a real chance of being locked out (same if you change your phone).

Until they allow you to remove the key from your account, I think it is better to be without the key rather than run the risk of a problem and then not being able to reach customer support (with the CS phones being so overwhelmed).