Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

xilbuster
02.21.2012 , 11:29 PM | #71
I tried to Re a bunch of knifes over the weekend 0 learned blue i was wounder if it was broken

baadabing
03.13.2012 , 11:11 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Tristam_Ward View Post
Its working as intended. They expect you RE alot of greens to get the blue schematics. There is some randomness to it so sometimes it may only take you 20 RE's to get the blue schematic but sometimes it may take you 50.
Actually, ignorant Tristam is partially correct. It IS working as intended. It eats up excess game credits. But there is no randomness involved.

Works as intended: Got that response in a help ticket, also evident by the refusal of any bug tech response to this (and other similar) threads.
Randomness: When confronted with the facts in a private help chat, I got an acknowledgement, and a promiss that my ticket was escalated (over a week ago).

This reason, and this reason alone is why I will let my subscription expire this month. Dishonesty by customer support is something I will not tolerate in any game.

"It's a known issue we are working on to resolve" does not exist in customer service's vocabulary, they will instead deny and deflect ("we are forwarding your ticket, you won't receive a response....").

Varthanos
03.13.2012 , 11:19 AM | #73
There is no RE working for Vibroknives or Scatterguns.
Been that way from before even day 1.

The question that many are asking is why?

The general speculation is because of how the classes work that USE those items for damage and specific abilities.

They already had to tone down damage for IA and Smug classes because they were extremely OP in PvP and did too much damage in PvE.

Their main high damage abilities are calculated from Vibro's and Scatter's INSTEAD of gun rating or tech ability.
Until they get all the balance issues down with both PvE and PvP for these classes then they are probably NOT going to give Purple+ Vibro's and Scatter guns.

Once you really understand this part of the issue and how it could be affected by allowing Purple recipes then hopefully it will help you understand why fixing it is NOT just an easy fix.

Evironrage
05.07.2012 , 02:00 PM | #74
I was attempting to RE scatterguns thinking they might have fixed the issue. Seeing as you can scroll over scatterguns made and it claims you can RE them I just assumed things had been taken care of. Not the case? Why then the tooltip claiming otherwise? Anyone else run into this issue?
I don't discuss things as a committee, I don't care about a protocol droid's opinion, and I wish I had more time to get her excited

Teykos
05.07.2012 , 07:19 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Evironrage View Post
I was attempting to RE scatterguns thinking they might have fixed the issue. Seeing as you can scroll over scatterguns made and it claims you can RE them I just assumed things had been taken care of. Not the case? Why then the tooltip claiming otherwise? Anyone else run into this issue?
You do realize that you're necroposting? The last post was 2 months old.