Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Captain_Zone
05.06.2012 , 09:01 PM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
I still want Mako and Kira the most. I won't resort to begging, BioWare, but I will resort to bribery in the form of gingerbread chocolate chip cookies.
Kira with the Irish Redhead customization you can get on Balmorra.... mmmmmmmmm
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Zandilar
05.07.2012 , 12:35 AM | #702
I still want Mako and Kira the most. I won't resort to begging, BioWare, but I will resort to bribery in the form of gingerbread chocolate chip cookies.
Gingerbread... chocolate chip... cookies... *does a double take*

GINGERBREAD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh my word! I must has some!!!!!!!!

Bioware cannot resist such treats! Surely?!

*wonders where to get such things in Australia* *wanders off to find a recipe*
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Ordosaa
05.07.2012 , 04:14 PM | #703
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I haven't seen that yet, could you post a pic please?

MusedMoose
05.07.2012 , 05:15 PM | #704
Quote: Originally Posted by Ordosaa View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I haven't seen that yet, could you post a pic please?
I think this is the one:
http://www.torhead.com/item/1ffTPuz/...ustomization-6
As much as I like redheads, I don't really like this one, mostly because she has that huge scar on her chin.

Here's something I just thought of: if it happens that you can romance the same companion with either gender, would you use one of the companion customizations for one or both of your characters? For example, my male Trooper uses the customization for Elara that gives her slicked-back black hair and slightly darker skin. If Elara becomes a SGR option, my female Trooper will likely not use a customization, because it would feel really weird to have two characters romancing the same companion who looks exactly the same.

...especially since they're listed as "rivals" in my legacy.

Captain_Zone
05.07.2012 , 09:05 PM | #705
I think this is the one:
As much as I like redheads, I don't really like this one, mostly because she has that huge scar on her chin.

Here's something I just thought of: if it happens that you can romance the same companion with either gender, would you use one of the companion customizations for one or both of your characters? For example, my male Trooper uses the customization for Elara that gives her slicked-back black hair and slightly darker skin. If Elara becomes a SGR option, my female Trooper will likely not use a customization, because it would feel really weird to have two characters romancing the same companion who looks exactly the same.

That is indeed the one, and even though she has the Indiana Jones scar, she still looks about as hot as pixels can look.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Crezelle
05.07.2012 , 10:03 PM | #706
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Jaesa, just Jaesa, even just Dark Side Jaesa, Please BioWare?
akavi.
corso better pray they dont let my smuggler get akavi
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Seymour
05.08.2012 , 12:58 AM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by llesna View Post

In terms of opening up existing companions for SGRAs, I can easily see a few characters where it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have them as bisexual (with some reworking), namely:

Spoiler

Personally I'd like to see as many SGR options as possible to really keep things interesting and vibrant, but I'm hopeful that the Bioware devs are taking a while on this to make sure it's done right.

I'm really hoping that the devs don't go the way of creating new companions just for this, as a lot of players have their eye on existing companions. Were this a single player game, you just know that mods would already have been implemented to allow this ^_^
Lmao, I always wished my male Jedi Knight could hit on Doc especially since some of their conversations to begin with are pretty Sherlock/Watson gay tension-y.

Ordosaa
05.08.2012 , 01:17 AM | #708
I think this is the one:

Thanks for the pic, and I agree it would feel weird, especially if the other character was your spouse.
And thanks to Captain_Zone for bringing the Kira thing up
HK-47: Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine...
Revan: Maybe later...
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"

natashina
05.08.2012 , 05:10 AM | #709
**delurks**

Greetings guys and gals! For the newer posters, welcome to the thread! It's been a great and fasincating read recently. I've been playing the game to meet more companions, and experience more stories. I have finally met Lord Scrouge on my Jedi and I actually found myself sad that a dps version of him wasn't available for SWs.

I'm sure many of the posters have read about the quarterly report from EA. I found this little detail talking about Legacy and Allies as both coming out Q1 of this year. Legacy was 1.2, so I wonder what Allies is? Could it be the story patch we've been waiting for? I hope so; any thoughts?

Jenovan
05.08.2012 , 11:58 AM | #710
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

I'm sure many of the posters have read about the quarterly report from EA. I found this little detail talking about Legacy and Allies as both coming out Q1 of this year. Legacy was 1.2, so I wonder what Allies is? Could it be the story patch we've been waiting for? I hope so; any thoughts?
There's been some speculation that with a name like "Allies", something companion-related is in the works... Personally, though, I'm afraid that fiscal Q1 -- April-June -- is too soon for the SGRA content, if it was still with the writers at the beginning of March. (Not to mention, if it were slated by midsummer, I think Daniel Erickson might have said something more like "soon" and not "this year". >_>; But that's pretty fuzzy logic )

If this DOES bring the SGRA changes in, of course, I'll be thrilled. ;D I just suspect it's a bit too soon, especially since 1.3 is slated to be "lighter" in content than 1.2, which was an enormous patch. (1.4 perhaps?! ;D)
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas