Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare intentionally destroy's PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BioWare intentionally destroy's PVP

KBSIP
05.05.2012 , 12:23 PM | #11
cow goes moo,
dog goes woof,
MMO player goes "THE PVP IS UNBALANCED".

inevitable, like the tide, there's nothing any developer can really do about it using the WoW model (which is probably originally some other MMO model but quite frankly i don't give a ****)

Let's run down why you will never fully balance pvp;

Burst damage will always be better than sustained
Burst heals will always be better than sustained
Instant casts will always be better than channeled or casting time abilities that are interruptible
Tanks that mitigate force/tech better will always be outperforming tanks that mitigate ranged/melee based attacks
Critical ratings will always make evasion pointless to stack since a crit instantly bypasses all defenses and its fairly easy for a level 50 pvper to push over the 50% crit chance with adrenals/cooldowns and set bonuses in some classes.

If you made every class deal the same kind of damage, same heals, tank the same way, etc. that's how you'd balance individual performance, and you'd kill the RPG side of MMORPG. if you keep them different some people will hate it, some will dislike the minor tweaks and mechanic shifts to try and balance the different play styles, but at the end of the day the game that has variety will out last the game that has all the same crap because of replay value.

CardonaLJ
05.05.2012 , 12:32 PM | #12
OH NOES!! Its another Chicken Little Post!!!!

CardonaLJ
05.05.2012 , 12:35 PM | #13
On a serious note, BW DID NOT Kill PVP. Whiny, *****y, "im entitled to what I want, when i want, and how I want it" people is whats killing PVP.

Rather than ***** and complain, how about you just play. If you dont feel like playing, well go back to WoW and its kung fu panda expansion...

My 2 cents

TitusVorenus
05.05.2012 , 12:43 PM | #14
Yes, Bioware intentionally is destroying PvP. They are intentionally trying to alienate their customers--especially you, Kalenan--because they hate all of them--especially you, Kalenan--with the fiery passion of a thousand thousand suns. They are intentionally trying to sabotage their own game which they've spent years and millions of dollars developing because they're meaniepants.

Personally, I like the PvP in this game. Is it perfect? Hell no--but what is? I don't get what everyone's problem is with the PvP in this game. Sure, it needs tweaking, it needs more, but for where it is right now for me and many of my guildies it is entertaining and, yes, actually fun. Sure it sucks when you have teammates who don't know what they're doing or you get facerolled 6-0 in Huttball or whatever--but every multiplayer game, from COD and Battlefield and C&C and every other game will have idiots playing and matches where you get smoked by the other team. Stop worrying so much--it's a game.
The Former Dalexeo Cobja of Starsider
Vorenus Faustus--Vanguard, Helm of Graush
Sygnus Faustus--Scoundrel, Helm of Graush
Vorbeck--Sniper, Ven Zallow