Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting double lightsabers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting double lightsabers

DarthNiktu
05.04.2012 , 10:20 AM | #1
Yo guys.
Are there any other MODDABLE double lightsabers out there I can craft?
Apart from that elegant and custom one.

Like.. if I find a cool looking orange double lightssaber is it possible to RE it and then make a new one that is augmentable?

I'm thinking about maybe buying a pvp one that looks good and RE it or grind a flashpoint a few times.

I'm thinking about dropping biochem and pick up artifice but I dare not until I know the answer.
My server is completely dead so I dont have anyone to ask. Hence the forum

(there is me and two other 50's online none of them artificer )

plis help plz

Talorra
05.04.2012 , 10:26 AM | #2
The only ones you can RE for a chance to learn are the new Campaign pieces that drop in HM Explosive Conflict. These require the new grade 8 crafting mats (also from the operation) to craft.

As for other moddable patterns, there are two that are sold by the Artifice trainer. Good luck on the biometric alloys for them.

So you're limited to the Custom and Elegant variants unless you can run ops and get these new pieces.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

DarthNiktu
05.04.2012 , 10:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
The only ones you can RE for a chance to learn are the new Campaign pieces that drop in HM Explosive Conflict. These require the new grade 8 crafting mats (also from the operation) to craft.

As for other moddable patterns, there are two that are sold by the Artifice trainer. Good luck on the biometric alloys for them.

So you're limited to the Custom and Elegant variants unless you can run ops and get these new pieces.
Crap
Cant do EC hard mode on my server. Dont think we have any one with rakata gear left. They all have quit

GnatB
05.04.2012 , 10:46 AM | #4
I know there was a lvl 50 single blade custom lightsaber that requires 3 biometric crystals (or w/e it's called)to craft that was craftable prior to 1.2, I'd assume there was also a double blade one. No idea what they look like, and considering the goal is to crit-craft, I'd argue the cosmetics aren't worth all those additional expensive mats you'll go through trying to make it.

Astarica
05.04.2012 , 12:54 PM | #5
Most of the cosmetics in a lightsaber is from the crystal color anyway. If you look really hard you can tell the difference in the hilt itself but it's unlikely anyone will actually notice.

EzoEo
05.04.2012 , 04:35 PM | #6
Yes there is both a level 20 and 50 craftable saber and the shcems drop often from treasure hunting.
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

evanfardreamer
05.04.2012 , 06:37 PM | #7
The two double-ended end-game tier sabers they're talking about are Truthseeker and Zez-Kai Ell's Double Bladed Lightsaber. (as an aside, the singles they mention are Defender's mettle, Radiant Blade, and the Niman Master's Primary and Secondary.) They come fully filled with prototype-quality inserts. However, the more economical to craft would be the Custom, and secondly the elegant - they come empty, but it's not as expensive to make them until they crit for the augment slot.